Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Welfare fraud??? REALLY??? **Updated with more info that I got from DH**

BM handed us SD on Monday (See BM won mother of the century award post). We have SD in school and shes happy. BM texted Me today and asked Me if Dh and I would write her a letter for welfare stating that SD lives with her 51% of the time. I'm thinking really lady? You can't hand over the child and than reap the benefits of her. It doesnt work like that. So of course I went down to the local DFR office and started asking questions, I have never been asked to do something like this in my whole 22 years of life. They told me not to write the letter. Since its not true, if I write it, I can go to jail for fraud. I'm thinking Oh hell no! I am not going to jail and leave the babies motherless, just so some money grubbing **Insert string of bad words here** Can get benefits for a child she doesnt even have, more less take care of. Im ticked that she would even have the balls to ask me of all people to do something like that. Just goes to show she doesnt know me as well as she was trying to say. :) Im an honest person and I wont do something like that. But her scheme is going to backfire anyway. The DFR office told me to bring them SD's school records and they will add that to BM's case to prove that SD does not live with her. (We live 6 hours one way from BM, so she can't say Oh yea thats the school she goes to here, because No one is going to travel 6 hours daily one way to take their kid to school.) 

Some people want their cake and still be able to eat it. 

**SMH** I wanna tell her what I think of her asking me that and the excuse she used, but instead I'm going to keep my mouth shut and not respond to her. Don't want to make it any harder on DH and SD than it already has been.

She just won a second mother of the centuray award.............

Update: Dh just informed me that BM hasnt talked to SD since we picked her up 2 weeks ago, and she hasnt even asked how she is doing. I talked to DH about what I was texted, as she only texts me when she wants something (Money, welfare fraud lol ect.) Dh handles communication between BM and SD. SD just started school here, and BM knows because DH keeps her informed and her response was oh thats nice, Im busy. And my family wonders why SD calls me Mommy. (Not by force but by choice. We actually pushed for her to call me by my first name, but gave up after like a year and a half of fighting with her over it. Pick and chose your battles is what DH said.) 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I really think they should take money they are investing in stupid things and invest it in finding where they lose all the deficit money. I'm betting a huge portion is from people like the person the OP is talking about.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Makes you wonder how much fraud would be found if they had adequate resources to thouroughly check every case.

Quoting wkukid:

And people keep telling me no one tries to abuse the system. Smh

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Absolutely. But you know here on Cafemom, there are only two or three people in the whole country who cheat the system.

Quoting wkukid:

I really think they should take money they are investing in stupid things and invest it in finding where they lose all the deficit money. I'm betting a huge portion is from people like the person the OP is talking about.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Makes you wonder how much fraud would be found if they had adequate resources to thouroughly check every case.

Quoting wkukid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

And those are always other people, not the ones posting about it. 

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Absolutely. But you know here on Cafemom, there are only two or three people in the whole country who cheat the system.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Lol. So true.

How far along are you now? Have you found out what you're having yet?

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I'm 25 weeks, she's a baby girl. Her names Charlotte Elizabeth. She's a crazy little kicker.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Lol. So true.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Well congratulations to you and your wife!

Quoting wkukid:

I'm 25 weeks, she's a baby girl. Her names Charlotte Elizabeth. She's a crazy little kicker.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Lol. So true.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Well congratulations to you and your wife!

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Lol. So true.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

There is a huge difference between fraud and using the resources you need. 

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Well we worked together and made the same amount plus she got alimony from another ex! And I was supporting my child by myself. I got child care help but that was it. No cs or anything. If I had no kids I could have done it easily.

Quoting MysticIceWater:

Its sad. If you can't support yourself without lieing or commiting fraud to a welfare agency than you cant support a child to!

Quoting Mommynwife26:

I knew someone like that, her ex had full custody and had a good job so no welfare needed and she kept trying to convince her to let her say she had the 2 kids most of the time so she could get welfare "Since he wasn't gonna be using it" idk why the hell people do that ugh. Glad you went down so she can't try and sneak it in somehow.

MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

congrats on the new baby :) May she be happy and healthy!

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Lol. So true.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Thanks! I'm very excited.

Quoting MysticIceWater:

congrats on the new baby :) May she be happy and healthy!

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Lol. So true.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting wkukid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)