• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens should be required

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
To pass the United States citizenship test before they graduate.( obviously not to become citizens).
I find it really sad that people who are trying to become citizens know more about this country than the majority of people who live here. We want intelligent, aware people running this country, yet we are not providing kids with the information they need.
Informed voters are the minority.

Could YOU pass the citizenship test? I know there was a time I couldn't have.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atyou
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Fucking fuck no I couldn't. Because I just don't care about American history.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I can because I has been helping DH study for it. Lol.
I knew most anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I agree with you.  What's even scarier is those without the knowledge have a vote just like the rest of us.

And yes, I could pass.  So could my husband.  We've taken the "test" on websites.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
As a "brain exercise", I will sometimes grab a sheet of paper and write all 50 states, then their Capitols.
I always end up forgetting at least 1.

I've been out of school for 20 years, but it still annoys me that I keep leaving one out, and it's never the same one...

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I agree with you.  What's even scarier is those without the knowledge have a vote just like the rest of us.

And yes, I could pass.  So could my husband.  We've taken the "test" on websites.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

As a "brain exercise", I will sometimes grab a sheet of paper and write all 50 states, then their Capitols.
I always end up forgetting at least 1.

I've been out of school for 20 years, but it still annoys me that I keep leaving one out, and it's never the same one...

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Lol, I do the same thing but I've been out of school a lot longer than that.  And I always forget Florida's capital, yes, I know it, but when I'm writing them down, I just plain forget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)