Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I keep my daughter from my SO's family

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have gone over this for the past 7 months in my mind,

and I have settled with the following points

1. Our daughter is to NEVER be alone with his family (as of right now without ME present because he is still learning how to stick up for himself)

2. Until the problems are addressed our daughter and I will not be attending any holidays or picnics ect (I only say this because they invited us to camping for Memorial Day) , as for Holidays we travel as a family, last year he went to his moms for xmas alone.

3. I will say WHATEVER is on my mind if they are over or around. 

He agrees with me.

(p.s. this is the first time I've ever put it in list form, but this is basically it)

WHY you ask?

They have manipulated him his whole life for personal gain, NEVER treated him as an individual, used him, control, didnt pay much attention or take his life seriously, ( did provide a fair ammount of structure though, did good in school, saved money, did chores ect). Openly disrespect me, our parenting decisions, manipulated him into (guilted) lying to me to cover their asses, speak very rudely to me, have left my daughter in a dirty diaper to try and make ME look bad while she had my daughter ( I was upstairs ) 

I will ignore any rediculous views on this post but I welcome honesty--- Am I choosing realistic boundaries?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
rockgal81
by Steph on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The way I look at it is you have to do whats best for your child. If they are toxic, then they don't need to have a relationship with the kids. It's great that you're teaching your dh to stand up to them! I think it's also a great way for your children to see how important it is to stand up for themselves and stand their ground. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Don't listen to bashers - we have been brainwashed as the younger generation to do anything an older person does, no matter what. People will protect child molesters, simply because they're faaaaaaaamily. It's disgusting.
Ask yourself this: if your dh's family members, the ones giving you all this grief, if they were perfect strangers, would you let them be around your kids? Just because they are related doesn't give them a free pass to be total assholes.
My mil was certifiable. I could write a book. But she died while I was still pregnant with my first, so luckily I dodged that bullet. But last year, I had to cut off my own family. And those who weren't directly involved in the drama but still allowed themselves to be used by those that were putting my kids in danger instead of standing up for the innocent were collateral damage.
YOU are mama bear. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Oh please. There is a difference in disliking your in laws and a child molestor.

Why is it always the mans family you bitches are keeping your kids from?
I hope all of your sons marry cunts that think you aren't worthy of knowing your grandkids. Serve you all fucking right.
If I were a man and my bitch was saying I couldn't take my kids around my family I would tell you to fuck off and then leave your asses.men are so ducking pussy whipped you uterus isn't golden.and they aren't only your kids. Some of.you bitches failed the reproductiction part of biology.

Quoting AngryBob:

Don't listen to bashers - we have been brainwashed as the younger generation to do anything an older person does, no matter what. People will protect child molesters, simply because they're faaaaaaaamily. It's disgusting.

Ask yourself this: if your dh's family members, the ones giving you all this grief, if they were perfect strangers, would you let them be around your kids? Just because they are related doesn't give them a free pass to be total assholes.

My mil was certifiable. I could write a book. But she died while I was still pregnant with my first, so luckily I dodged that bullet. But last year, I had to cut off my own family. And those who weren't directly involved in the drama but still allowed themselves to be used by those that were putting my kids in danger instead of standing up for the innocent were collateral damage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
They are not just YOUR kids. So why are YOU the only one responsible for that.
Some of your men.need to wake the fuck up. Why men toetate the uterus telling them what to do is beyond me.

If only men would wake up and maybe they would get kids away from women who feel they have ultimate say.

I hope your son marries a cunt who feels you are not as important as her mother.

Quoting rockgal81:

The way I look at it is you have to do whats best for your child. If they are toxic, then they don't need to have a relationship with the kids. It's great that you're teaching your dh to stand up to them! I think it's also a great way for your children to see how important it is to stand up for themselves and stand their ground. :)

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please. There is a difference in disliking your in laws and a child molestor.

Why is it always the mans family you bitches are keeping your kids from?
I hope all of your sons marry cunts that think you aren't worthy of knowing your grandkids. Serve you all fucking right.
If I were a man and my bitch was saying I couldn't take my kids around my family I would tell you to fuck off and then leave your asses.men are so ducking pussy whipped you uterus isn't golden.and they aren't only your kids. Some of.you bitches failed the reproductiction part of biology.

Quoting AngryBob:

lol you are ridiculous. i clearly stated that i keep my kids away from MY family. we still hang out with dh's dad on occasion. you are delusional.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM

My mom did that to me when i was a child. As an adult now i have a strained relationship with my fathers' side and my father for not sticking up for his families right to see me. Everyones family has issues. I have issues with my mom for doing it. As an adult i try to spend more time with my husbands family and my dad's family more because of what she did

robeandslippers
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

dh does better now! His family acted terrible when we first got married, I can not even begin to get into all of the details because, there is not that much time of the day! He knows they are toxic,and not very good for our dd!  I fear though, that in time she will grow to resint us because, we have made this descision! She will not understand what is going on! Dh has requested an apology from every one on his side of the family, and until we get it, nothing will be resolved! It's a sad situation but, I just can't be around people like that! Dh still gets down sometimes but, I think he is more disapointed in them, then anything. In due time, I am sure it will be resolved! As of now, no contact!

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome,Im just as relieved that other Moms are taking the same actions and sorry youre going through it too...if you will share, how does your DH handle it with his family?

Thanks!

Quoting robeandslippers:

Omg! Someone who is going through what I am going through! I will not let my dd around my dhs family! So many reasons. You are doing what is right for your child!

rockgal81
by Steph on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Why the hell are you so angry?! You sound like a very bitter old woman who has fucked up so she can't see her grandchildren. Maybe, instead of getting angry at us for situations you have no idea about, you should look into your own life and behavior and figure out why you're such a nasty bitch! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

They are not just YOUR kids. So why are YOU the only one responsible for that.

Some of your men.need to wake the fuck up. Why men toetate the uterus telling them what to do is beyond me.

If only men would wake up and maybe they would get kids away from women who feel they have ultimate say.

I hope your son marries a cunt who feels you are not as important as her mother.

Quoting rockgal81:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Ugh. I love these woman who wish that DIL with challenging or toxis IL have son's who marry cunts.Or that it's Golden Uterus Syndrome....

Really mature and nice. Especially since that person is likely a MIL who has children that are being withheld.

I think your boundaries are reasonable. Essentially they require specific action to occur until trust and good behavior returns. Whats unfair about that?

My MIL is a controlling, manipulative bitch. Who ironcially can't stand her MIL either. Maybe if she saw that she was doing the same things to me that are being done to her she could break the cycle.

Unfortunately, my DuH doesn't actually stand up for our family. I view our family as being (DuH, our son, child in utero and myself). He views family as anyone and everyone that we are related too. He trusts family without considering consequences. He's an ass.

jmama0307
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I am the same way in fact we don't see in laws for reasons. Every time they got near me they have said and done things to me that wasn't right. My DF never defended me and cause of that it was time to cut them out. I had rules as well when it came to my son. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)