Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I keep my daughter from my SO's family

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have gone over this for the past 7 months in my mind,

and I have settled with the following points

1. Our daughter is to NEVER be alone with his family (as of right now without ME present because he is still learning how to stick up for himself)

2. Until the problems are addressed our daughter and I will not be attending any holidays or picnics ect (I only say this because they invited us to camping for Memorial Day) , as for Holidays we travel as a family, last year he went to his moms for xmas alone.

3. I will say WHATEVER is on my mind if they are over or around. 

He agrees with me.

(p.s. this is the first time I've ever put it in list form, but this is basically it)

WHY you ask?

They have manipulated him his whole life for personal gain, NEVER treated him as an individual, used him, control, didnt pay much attention or take his life seriously, ( did provide a fair ammount of structure though, did good in school, saved money, did chores ect). Openly disrespect me, our parenting decisions, manipulated him into (guilted) lying to me to cover their asses, speak very rudely to me, have left my daughter in a dirty diaper to try and make ME look bad while she had my daughter ( I was upstairs ) 

I will ignore any rediculous views on this post but I welcome honesty--- Am I choosing realistic boundaries?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
monkeymom1104
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Two of my 4 kiddos have asthma and another migraines. They insist on smoking the whole time we are over, then remark about the baby always being sick, and if I make a snide remark I'm the bitch!! Go figure. On easter I decided that's it.. my older ds had a migraine for most of the following day and everyone just had sore throats and...blah.. so I here ya. If you can't go outside for the few hours we are over every couple months the heck with ya.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

wow, thank you!

Quoting AngryBob:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

You must be one of those moms who are like my MIL. just saying.

they left her in a dirty diaper for atleast an hour on purpose to try and make me look bad, my SO is the witness.

they disrespect me GREATLY, are you suggesting I let my daughter think its okay to be treated that way?

you are a joke :)

thank you for reminding me that I am right. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So what have they do to your dd?

Sounds like it is a case of golden vagina syndrome. Aka I'm the mom and I am the dictator.

Women like you, unless there are good reasons to do it and sorry those are not great, disgust me. I hope one day you have a son whose wife decides you are not worthy of her time. Karma is a fucking bitch.

MamaTrombley
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I'd say your doing the right thing. Then again i dont trust my husband parents either.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I have had to cut my MIL out of our family also she doesn't even know where we live. Most of DH's family is pretty useless and we haven't had anything to do with them in a long time. My family is the same I only talk to my parents and my mother is on a thin line of getting cut off also.

We have amazing friends and each other so I don't feel like we are missing out on anything but drama. You have to do what you feel is right for your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I value your perspective. let me know if you think I am being persuasive but all I am doing to him is helping be a better person and feel better. he is sad and broken (besides the light and wonderful I know of him) from the way they treated him. for the record I was slightly physically/emotionally abused and I have GREAT boundaries with my family that they respect hence why he has no problem being with my family when we rarely are.

I am honestly trying to protect my daughter and he agrees, he doesnt know to set boundaries and enforce them so that his family knows how to treat us. I do not give him problems when he spends time with them which is rare by his choice, and I encourage him to cultivcate a healthier relationship. He has said "Its a waste of time they won't respect us"

Any more thoughts?

Quoting itsm3:

remember:  you are involved with him therefore you are involved with is family. you can't separate the two and you are not letting your child get to know them if ever you two marry.  

i could never be with someone whose family i didn't get along with...you marry the person, you marry the family.

i get that there's family drama but you don't have to be a part of it... it will always come with him and therefore always be part of your life and your child's life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM

damn yeah thats not cool and exactly what Im dealing with. I do however find it interesting that you feel safe with the FIL---hes the MIL's other half! 

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Normally I would not agree with keeping children from grandparents but if they are honestly stressful, manipulative and you feel they will negatively affect your children then yes that's fair. I have been having some major MIL issues for the first time since our marriage. She encourages him to keep things from me, manipulates him, and verbally abuses me in front of him along with openly disrespecting our marriage. I don't want my kids to have to be around that. FIL knows he's welcome always, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I said I would ignore these types of posts, but I have to tell you how much of an arrogant, ignorant asshole you are. YOU are whats wrong with the world! 

arrogant: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. 

ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please. There is a difference in disliking your in laws and a child molestor.

Why is it always the mans family you bitches are keeping your kids from?
I hope all of your sons marry cunts that think you aren't worthy of knowing your grandkids. Serve you all fucking right.
If I were a man and my bitch was saying I couldn't take my kids around my family I would tell you to fuck off and then leave your asses.men are so ducking pussy whipped you uterus isn't golden.and they aren't only your kids. Some of.you bitches failed the reproductiction part of biology.

Quoting AngryBob:

Don't listen to bashers - we have been brainwashed as the younger generation to do anything an older person does, no matter what. People will protect child molesters, simply because they're faaaaaaaamily. It's disgusting.

Ask yourself this: if your dh's family members, the ones giving you all this grief, if they were perfect strangers, would you let them be around your kids? Just because they are related doesn't give them a free pass to be total assholes.

My mil was certifiable. I could write a book. But she died while I was still pregnant with my first, so luckily I dodged that bullet. But last year, I had to cut off my own family. And those who weren't directly involved in the drama but still allowed themselves to be used by those that were putting my kids in danger instead of standing up for the innocent were collateral damage.

YOU are mama bear. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Sounds exactly like my boyfriends family. They are a bunch of control freaks and cause drama. They've been nasty to me for years. They are not welcome in our home, around my son or me. My boyfriend can be around his family all he wants but our son and I will not. I won't subject our son to that kind of behavior if I can help it. So, I support you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

ah thank you for sharing!! I feel much better now!

Quoting Ali5683:

Sounds exactly like my boyfriends family. They are a bunch of control freaks and cause drama. They've been nasty to me for years. They are not welcome in our home, around my son or me. My boyfriend can be around his family all he wants but our son and I will not. I won't subject our son to that kind of behavior if I can help it. So, I support you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)