Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stfu, parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
Did anyone catch this on good morning america? Some single 30 year old created a blog, putting pictures people post online of their children on blast. Putting those poems parents share on fb and mocking parents who update Twitter with omg my 2 year old counted to 22.

She has now turned her blog into a book out today.

What do you think? Are parents too involved in their kids and are making those who dislike children wanting to gouge their eyes out. ??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Bump
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

never heard of it.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol my thoughts are if you don't want to see or read it then defriend me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VarelaClan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
That's dumb. I was actually defriended on fb by a highschool best friend because I didn't put enough stuff about my kids on it and too much other stuff (health and safety related).
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I think in many cases, yes, we as parents ARE too involved in our kids lives.  We need to let them learn to live their OWN life, separate from ours.  We need to quit fighting their battles, making everything better all the time, let them get consequences from their actions outside the family.

And unless it's a special needs child, counting to 22 isn't THAT big of a deal.  And I have 4 kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Well my parents were not even close to involved in my life unless they were beating the tar out of me so i am gonna go with no. Because at thirteen i was drinking doing drugs and stealing. My thirteen year old who's life i am all up in is in honors classes, has maintained alove 95% average. You tell me which US better?
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I think the blog is hilarious...have you seen it? I'm dumbfounded at the amount of parents who seem to lose their common sense and integrity with children.

Some of the things people share? Oh man...haha...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
America in general puts zero effort into kids.

We shove them in day care, then school and after school programs and then summer school. Kids need attention and one on one time with people who love them. I giggle at people who post every small thing their kid does, but I like seeing it. Its nice to know that they enjoy their child and are involved in their lives.

And like pp said, don't want to hear it? Unfriend them, no reason to be a smart ass jerk.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Doesn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
She's stupid. Parents should be involved in their child's life and have every right to be proud of them. The kids learning to count is a big deal at first. I say she can stfu and she doesn't have to be friends on fb and whatever else with people that are always saying stuff she doesn't wanna hear. It's none of her business, maybe she can't have kids and is jealous or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)