Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant with my second child and scared!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Im 22, married, and we have one DS (18 months old) together. Currently, none of us have a degree I planned on going back to school this fall but I'm not sure how that's going to work out. My husband works full time at a fast food restaurant and I work part time at a children's clothing store. We make barely enough money to pay for bills, necessities for our baby, groceries, and other essentials. We are living with my mother in law. My husband quit school when we got pregnant with our DS and has been working since. He plans on going back to school to finish his business degree but im afraid we won't make enough money by the time our baby gets here, in December. I don't want to live here in this tiny room, with 2 kids. I'm so scared and my husband is doubting himself.. He feels like a complete failure.

We were having protected sex so this was an accident. We did not intend for this which is why we are so scared and completely shocked!
Have any of you ever been in this predicament? If so, how did everything turn out for you?
Advice/encouragement is greatly needed! Thnks ladies
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hkelly7
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

relax! 

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Take a breath...and just don't allow either of you to get too stressed out about the situation, you both need to have a calm outlook and positive thinking to be able to think clearly. 

Is there anything that you can cut back on to save some money? Is there any way you can pick up another side job perhaps just to put that money away?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I've been there. I myself had an abortion because I knew that there was no way we could balance another baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
How hard was it for you to have to deal with an abortion?
I think about having one and it brings tears to my eyes. I just don't know If I could go through with it

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been there. I myself had an abortion because I knew that there was no way we could balance another baby.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

See if MIL is willing to let your family continue living there and stay with her until you can get on your feet.  She most likely wants to see her son finish his education.  Babies don't have to be super expensive when they first get here.  

Look for some free or reduced childcare, and take yourself to work.  Look for a job now before you start showing.  Thank goodness you both have jobs, keep working and looking.  Good luck mama! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
it was a difficult 1. But I thought about my daughter that I already had and struggling to put food on the table for her in going to food pantries in begging for diapers is that situation that I would have been in had a had the other baby.

I chose between having the baby and being poor and struggling for the very long foreseeable future or having abortions and working my ass off so when I was ready for that other child I was able to give both that child and my daughter the life they both deserved

Quoting Anonymous:

How hard was it for you to have to deal with an abortion?

I think about having one and it brings tears to my eyes. I just don't know If I could go through with it

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)