• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My landlord is being such a b••••...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I told her that we found a cheaper house by 500 less a month... Which is amazing... The house is the same size and just as nice, we also get a attic which we dont have here so the space would be loved. We told her that we haven't decided yet, but we wanted to give her a heads up of the possibility. She said she knows someone whos looking to rent so she wants to show her the house thursday night I said GREAT and told her to just stop by whenever... So I texted her saying that we also set up a meeting for Saturday and that were going to look. She called me and left a voicemail FLIPPING OUT being all nasty about it. Yet she told me yesterday that it was a great idea! Not to worry that she can always find someone... Why can someone look at our house but we can go look at others? Like what is your problem... I also promissed I wouldn't move out until she found someone...
We are on a month to month lease... We don't have anything in writting.... I don't want to leave her with no one but once we write a certified letter and its 30 days later we can move out with a full return of our secruity deposit(were fixing anything thats been broken since we've been here 2 holes in the wall and the hall way light broke plus were cleaning the carpets... etc..)
Just needed to vent...
My secruity deposit is 2,000, so I would love that back...
Just a vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Go for is mama! Get the better cheaper house! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

If she doesn't return your deposit, you can sue for it. And don't tell her anything anymore.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM
3 moms liked this
You should have NEVER promised not to move out until she found someone, you weren't obligated to that. You should've stuck with your month-to-month agreement, find a place and give your 30 day notice and be done with it. You never tell people things they don't need to know, you gave her way too much info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WandaSue
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

definately go for the better cheaper house! sorry she's acting like that!

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
You should only tell her about the 30 day notice before you move out. Maybe that would have cut down on her bitchiness. But you know, hindsight is 20/20.

Other than that, good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

You shouldn't have told her until you gave your 30 days notice.

Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Never promise that you would stay til she finds someone else. Promise that you will give at least a 30 days notice, as is standard.  

mom2ljh
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Why does she get to know that you're looking at a house? That is YOUR business. Don't tell her when you have an appointment to look. Keep your business to yourself until it affects her. Then just send your letter registered mail and move out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pbjtime87
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
You do not owe her anything but a 30 day notice. If its not in the lease agreement then you are not obligated... You can't hold back and lose the opportunity because you're too worried about leaving your landlord without a tenant. Not your problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM

We were friends when I moved in we've drifted apart ever since she got married, but I still care for her. I would never want her to not be able to afford her mortgage...

Quoting MommyAddie:

You should have NEVER promised not to move out until she found someone, you weren't obligated to that. You should've stuck with your month-to-month agreement, find a place and give your 30 day notice and be done with it. You never tell people things they don't need to know, you gave her way too much info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)