Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your mom relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I see so many posts about how so many of you don't have relationships with your mothers.

do you ever miss it or wonder what having a good mom would be like?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

oh god ya. thats why with my dd i vowed to be her best friend and  mom

momoftwo0406
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
She is a ok mom but we live two different kinds of lives. I wish we were on better terms but I don't ever see it happening. I couldn't imagine having our relationship with my daughter. My dd is 8 and we have a better relationship then I ever had with my mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I often wonder what it would have been like. I struggle with what she found so unlovable about me. She has passed and I still am not at peace with what our relationship was. So instead I make a point to be a better and loving mother to my kids. I never want them to feel as I did. I am guilty of over indulging them but I would rather be over indugent than cold as ice.

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I have my grandmother who practically raised me with my grandfather while my mother was off finding herself and chasing whatever guy she was interested in at the moment. My mom settled down when I was 12 and I couldn't get along with her husband who's a douchebag, so I moved back to my grandparents when I was 14. My mom was pregnant with my sister then so they didn't need me to play house with them. 

My grandmother is a great mom to me even today. She is 81 and my best friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM

All the time! I've never had a good parent. I wonder every day what it would be like.

huntersmama711
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I lost my mom on Memorial Day last year and miss her more than anything. I'm so happy we had a good relationship and sad not everyone could have that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I don't like my bio mom very much and I can knly handle her in small doses.

But I do know what it is like to havea good mom. My adopted mom is my bestfriend. Although lately she has been driving me batty. Only becuase we disagree on parenting things and she is the perfect housekeeper and I'm far from it. But I still love her. I can pretty much talk to her about anything.
Kara242
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Mine was awesome she was my best friend and loved my kids like they were her own! She has been gone almost 7 years and I miss her dearly:(
TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM
After getting to know my MIL and seeing how awesome she is and how she strives to better her children's lives it makes me grateful I was finally strong enough to kick my mom out of my life.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I had a wonderful relationship with my mother. She was an incredible woman. I miss her dearly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)