Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor scammers- how do you handle them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

They take so much abuse. They called today and I told them I loved them and asked for their number so we could go on a date. 

Then I said it was loud where they work and asked if they get headaches. They misunderstood and thought I had a headache and asked me if I took medicine. I said, "Yeah. I took some headache meds and my anti-psychotic meds, and you know, I have like a million pills to take, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?" 

I ended with telling them I loved them and that we are BFF's now. 

They said they would call back in an hour. When they do I'm going to be crying and tell them I'm sad because someone just told me they're scammers and I know that's not true because we're BFF's! 

Yeah. I'm sick and bored today. Love messing with them.

How do you handle scammers?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Scammers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Yeah, people who call you and try to cheat you out of money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

My MIL put her name in for some health insurance quotes and our home phone and we suddenly had a million people calling us. Some woudl call a million times and not leave a message or anything so I finally picked it up, sang the "Farmer's Insurance" theme to them and hung up. LOL.

One telemarketer called my dad once about windows and he went on and on about how he didn't have windows because he had broken them all and blah blah blah. It was pretty funny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I was getting call from a "fire department" 2 towns away, I googled the # and it was a scam.

Next time they called, I picked up and told them "according to all these complaints on google, you're scammers, so stop calling. I'm not going to donate anything to scammers!!"

They haven't called back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Wtf? Like the Ethiopian dudes in computer shacks asking for people to cash checks and they keep some of it and scam other people In the process?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

This one is about "Windows viruses". They call and try to get access to your computer for bank passwords and other stuff.  I was just bored and having fun wasting their time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)