• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am NOT psychic. And I am sympathetic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
So the other day some friends came over for dinner. My friends sister and her son came with them. The little boy is autistic and has some serious food issues. I didn't know about them ahead of time. Apparently his food can't touch nor can anything be mixed like a casserole or spaghetti. So I make this kids plate because his mom made hers and sat to eat. I put his plate in front of him and HOLY meltdown.

His mom then yelled. "He is Autistic. His food can't touch". Now I know several autistic kids without this issue. How was I supposed to know he had it. And why the hell didn't she make his plate.

My friend stepped up and made a new plate and ate he original one. I would have had no issue fixing his plate the way he wanted. I even have divided plates.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LyTe684
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Sounds like his mother can be a real douche.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fallenstars
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM
His mom sounds like a bitch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Yeah. Her son is six. And he already explains his own bad behavior with "I'm Autistic". Last time I saw him he squirted an entire jar of lotion all over my friends bathroom. And came out and said "I'm Autistic so I squirted all the lotion out"

Quoting LyTe684:

LyTe684
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Smh. That's insane.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. Her son is six. And he already explains his own bad behavior with "I'm Autistic". Last time I saw him he squirted an entire jar of lotion all over my friends bathroom. And came out and said "I'm Autistic so I squirted all the lotion out"

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
She's a peach alright. I get that it is a struggle to raise a kid with Autism. But she takes the cake. She left her husband because he didn't think she should homeschool the boy and he thought that they should not make his about his Autism. He said Autism is only a part of who he is. Not the whole of who he is.

Quoting fallenstars:

His mom sounds like a bitch

aannggiiee
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

omg she sounds awful. she shouldn't be yelling in front of him either. geez

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I've never made myself a plate and sat to eat without setting my kids up first, ESPECIALLY since I have a child with nut allergies. What a crappy mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
She should of made his plate. But then again I'm not autistic and I can't stand for my food to touch either.

Quoting Anonymous:

So the other day some friends came over for dinner. My friends sister and her son came with them. The little boy is autistic and has some serious food issues. I didn't know about them ahead of time. Apparently his food can't touch nor can anything be mixed like a casserole or spaghetti. So I make this kids plate because his mom made hers and sat to eat. I put his plate in front of him and HOLY meltdown.

His mom then yelled. "He is Autistic. His food can't touch". Now I know several autistic kids without this issue. How was I supposed to know he had it. And why the hell didn't she make his plate.

My friend stepped up and made a new plate and ate he original one. I would have had no issue fixing his plate the way he wanted. I even have divided plates.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)