Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you can't do your job go on maternity leave early

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My youngest just started gymnastics today and there are 2 teachers, one who's very pregnant. There are 4 kids in the class and they are supposed to break the kids up into 2 groups since there is a 3 year age difference in the kids.

My kid and another one are almost 5 and there's a huge difference in their ability to participate and listen and do versus the two kids that aren't 2 year.

So why were they all together today? Because the one that's pregnant cant do her job.

I'm irritated, I don't doubt she can't jump on the trampoline and that walking on the balance beam and holding kids up isn't the best thing for her but if she can't do her job she needs to start her maternity leave early. We pay for our kids to go and it's not fair that the older ones have to sit there and wait on the much younger kids, now don't get me wrong the teacher is sweet but if she can't do her job she needs to be given a job she can do or go on maternity leave.

I didn't have time to talk to the owner today after class but I will be calling later today to talk to her.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

If she goes on maternity leave early, how will that change the situation? Your kid will still be with the others.

CafeMom Tickers
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM
They have a substitute for when she goes on maternity leave, which is what I was told when I signed up and I don't have a problem with that either.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

If she goes on maternity leave early, how will that change the situation? Your kid will still be with the others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

instead of complaining on the internet, maybe you should go to the program director

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm sure she won't be paid to take her leave early. I understand where you're coming from but if I was you I'd try to be a little more understanding, most people need to work until the last minute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
As I stated I will go to the director, right now we are sitting at the doctors office and I didn't have time to talk to her when class let out.

Quoting Anonymous:

instead of complaining on the internet, maybe you should go to the program director

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Talk to them about it. Most people are accomodating when you`re polite and express your concerns.

Some people can`t afford to go on maternity early. They need to get their hours in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I'm sure she needs to work until the last minute but if she can't do her job they need to find her a job she can do until she goes on maternity leave.

If you paid 500 bucks a month wouldn't you want your child to be taught or would you be comfortable with your child spending most of their time sitting on the floor waiting for the younger kids who need extra help?

Quoting sugareemommee:

I'm sure she won't be paid to take her leave early. I understand where you're coming from but if I was you I'd try to be a little more understanding, most people need to work until the last minute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
What kind of job did you have when you had your kids? Was it as physically demanding as this woman's?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM
If you knew she was pregnant when you signed up then why did you do it? You said it yourself that you pay for these classes so umm why not go to a different place and pay there? Some people need to work their entire pregnancy. I am one of them. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and still working because I don't have health insurance and I have to pay out of pocket for my ob visits. Everyone has a different situation and maybe you should have thought about that when you signed up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN