Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When will it stop feeling like I'm cheating?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

Sooo....back in Feb. I made an annoymous post (I was embarassed LOL) about my being asked on a date by a wonderful, sweet, hotter than hell co-worker. I thought he was joking...he wasn't.

Its been almost 2 months now and we have been seeing each other quite a bit and forming a really nice relationship. He was pretty much my best friend before, and now its different but really nice. But, every time we are alone acting more like a romantic couple I start to feel awkward, like I'm doing something wrong. Anyone have any insight here on how long this usually lasts?

Sorry for the confusion. I was married and had a wonderful relationship. My husband died Dec. 2011.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bella_x3
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Damnit...no one has experience with anything like this? Or anything else to say for that matter? My annon post got responses...

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not sure why you feel like you are cheating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Are you married?  Recently divorced?  Single?

If you're married, then it would probably be wise to let your co-worker know that you are not looking for more than anything besides a friendship.

Divorced/Single- Go with the flow and see how things end up.

ShortCakeScrap
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I'm not sure why you would feel that way.  Were you recently in a relationship? 

rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM

If you are single, have fun with this new relationship.

If you are married, you are feeling guilty for a reason. If you gut says it shouldn't be happening, it probably shouldn't.

.betty.white.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
My guess is you're recently single. Just go with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
That's a little confusing
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Are you dating or married to someone else? Then you are NOT cheating! Have fun and enjoy yourself!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Why does it feel like cheating? is either of you married or just out of a relationship?

Bella_x3
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Sorry for the confusion and not being clear...my husband passed away in Dec. 2011. I think because that was a good relationship, not one I ended, it feels off for me to be with someone else.

Quoting cmabbott:

Are you married?  Recently divorced?  Single?

If you're married, then it would probably be wise to let your co-worker know that you are not looking for more than anything besides a friendship.

Divorced/Single- Go with the flow and see how things end up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)