Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok ladies, HELP ME!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

So I quit smoking regular cigarettes about a year ago and switched to electronic cigarettes. The last few weeks I've realized that I'm using and depending on my e-cig a lot more than usual. I've also realized that it's not the nicotine I'm addicted to, it's the physical action of smoking...if that makes any sense? lol

So I need ideas of what I can do or use to stop using the damn e-cig..i need something to do with my hands and something to inhale/exhale in some way. I tried to just put the e-cig down yesterday and be done but I got really nervous and anxious. It feels like a security blanket more than anything these days.

So...what can I do?! I don't want to smoke this stupid thing anymore!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM

anyone?!?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

looks like i'm on my own....

LucyHourglass
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM

gum

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Chew gum, learn to knit, find a good book, play a videogame, write a novel, bake a cake

basically just busy your hands. You cant make the action of smoking without your hands

irvinehiker
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I have never smoked, but I had a friend who smoked a long time and decided to quit.  As a gift I sent her a box of suckers.  All different kinds dum dums, sweettarts, all different flavors.  She said it helped, IDK it's worth a try...  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I don't know, I am still a smoker and the thought of quitting makes me anxious. Good luck though!

a_brown23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Toothpicks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RightSock

A friend of mine chewed gum and always had Jolly Rancher candies. She used rubber bands to keep her hands busy. 

Good luck.

sfkdny

chew gum or ice chips.  I knew a girl who would keep straws in an empty cigarette pack and smoke them like they were cigarettes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)