Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so sorry MY daughters illness is so hard on YOU!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Don't get me wrong, I know other people care about my daughter .. but her treatments and surgery are hard on me.. I gave birth to her, nobody is closer to her than I am. I can do without my mom telling me how she keeps crying bc my daughter is having surgery (port replacement) and going back on chemo. I hate having to try to pretend to be strong for everyone and having really nobody I can cry to! My mom should be my emotional support, not the other way around!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

hugging 

paigesmommy5264
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Thanks ;)
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

People handle it differently?  I don't know.  Let her know how you feel. Talk about it. That is the only way to get what you need.  If you let people treat you a certain way, they will keep doing it.  Be open and honest and ask for suport.  Hard, I know but sometimes people need a wake up call to realize what they are doing. Hugs and prayers. Sometimes we just take on stuff without letting others know what we need.

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry you and your daughter are dealing with this.

Not that this is the same, but when I lost my mom, the greatest supports were people who either didn't know her or at least not well.  They weren't wading through their own grief while attempting to help with mine.

Kleotide
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM

hugs

I hope your daughter is healthy soon, and that your Mom reaches out to you to help.

paigesmommy5264
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I've had that discussion sooo many times... I'd get a better reaction from a brick wall.

Quoting Thelmama:

People handle it differently?  I don't know.  Let her know how you feel. Talk about it. That is the only way to get what you need.  If you let people treat you a certain way, they will keep doing it.  Be open and honest and ask for suport.  Hard, I know but sometimes people need a wake up call to realize what they are doing. Hugs and prayers. Sometimes we just take on stuff without letting others know what we need.

KTU
by Kim on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I'm sorry! Saying some prayers for a healthy, vibrant litte girl in the days to come.

my2boyzmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through with your daughter and mom...I am so sorry. Prayers and hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
When I had a stillborn baby my mother went on and on about how awful it was for her so I get where you're coming from. Some people just suck at the supportive thing, try not to sweat it. Try to focus on the positive, she loves your daughter and she's rooting for her.

I hope the procedure and the chemo go smoothly and your daughter beats her illness soon.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM

So sorry. Wish there was someone for you to turn to. I don't know why some people are like that.  Sadly, I know someone pretty much the same. My child was sick and she made it all about her. (Not as sick as your child, but still).  How she couldn't come and we wouldn't help her blah blah blah. I have just given up on her changing and chalk it up to the fact she will always be this way. Hugs.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

I've had that discussion sooo many times... I'd get a better reaction from a brick wall.

Quoting Thelmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)