Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husband is pissed at my son....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

my son has been dating a waitress he met when he went to this resutaunt a little over 3 months ago, when he got with her she had just been kicked out of her boyfriends apartment by his roommate, the boyfriend didnt care. well she was pregnant when they kicked her out, and when my son met her she had just found out she was pregnant(6 weeks) she was sleeping on her friends couch. now skip to this month she has her own apartment, 2 jobs,and she found out her final due date yesterday (they changed it 5 times) and shes due october 3rd.

well my son came to me yesterday and said "i want to sign the birth certificate when her baby is born" i asked him if the babies dad knew that she was even pregnant and he said "yeah he knows, and moved to the point she cant find him" i then told him "do you really think thats the right thing to do?" he looks down and says "im the one going to her dr appointments and im the one thats going to be feeling that baby move with her,i know its only been a couple months but i feel it'll be the right thing to do" his dad chimed in and said "yeah its only been 3 months and your planning on taking on her fucking bastard child, you must be stupid or something i swear" my son just shook his head and said "just because you had to force yourself to love mom doesnt mean i cant love someone" his dad yells at him this time and says "its only been 3 fucking months and you love her?! bullshit shes just good in bed and you THINK your in love with her" my son stands up and says "im 26 years old damn it im not 10,iv NEVER felt like this with any of my ex girlfriends, and again just because YOU had to force yourself to love mom doesnt mean other people dont just fall in love.if you dont want to accept that this is what i want to do then fine stay the fuck out of my life then"

my son walked out of the house, i followed him and asked him why he was so upset he said "dad thinks that iv had sex with her and thats the only reason i feel like this,im not a hormonal teenager anymore. plus iv actually never had sex with her....she had to get an IUD removed and her cervix wouldnt heal so they stitched it shut and shes afraid if we have sex it'll open it. i went with her when she got it removed and when she had to get her cervix stitched closed, she was crying really hard and wrapped her arms really tight around me. i saw her at her worst moment and i still feel this way about her.isnt that what love is supposed to be? you love them when you see them at their best and then when they are at their worst you either still love them or get freaked out enough to leave...thats what it is to me anyway. mom i feel its right to sign that birth certificate" i just look at him and say "you have a few months to think it over, when she gets bigger and more hormonal and snaps at you because something is out of place you might change your mind,you might not. but right now you think its right and im proud of you for that,but a child is hard work you might want to remember how hard it was for your younger brother when he got his girlfriend pregnant" he looks down again and says "i know it was hard on him, but he still pulled through everything,plus im 27 not 17 mom, i have a stable good paying job and she has 2 stable jobs, but i will think about my desicion in the next few months and if i feel differently when her babies born i wont sign it"

my son left after he got a phone call from her, so i went back inside and my husband was throwing a fit, saying i should try to break them up,tell him that he's an idiot and i just walked up stairs and into my bedroom. the last thing my husband said in his fit of rage was "he's going to end up like his younger brother,stupid and shit out of money" *sigh* if my son thinks this is right then im gonna stick by him my husband can go suck an egg and shut his mouth

(if there are misspellings im sorry but my spell check is not working with me today)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kokoscold
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Damn Yo!!!! Well your sons sounds like a nice guy I hope for the best in this situation. Your husband sounds like an ass. Sorry

xXxLillithxXx
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
9 moms liked this
He shouldn't sign the birth certificate. If later on they decide to stay together after the child's born and he wants to legally adopt then that's great and admirable but after knowing someone 3 months deciding to father a child for the rest of its life seems kind of rash. Being 27 doesn't mean someone is mature...my ex is proof of that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting Kokoscold:

Damn Yo!!!! Well your sons sounds like a nice guy I hope for the best in this situation. Your husband sounds like an ass. Sorry

he is when it comes to our sons and dating, after our youngest got his gf pregnant 2 years ago he doesnt want our other 2 sons to get screwed for life (his words not mine)

Aleta775
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Your dh sounds like an ass. Why are you with him? Also, I think yoir son is doing an honorable thing, but in a way I agree with your dh. I certainly wouldn't have stated things the way he did. This baby is not your son's responsibility. The mother should file for child support. I get that your son wants to help, but I think this is all happening very fast. Hopefully as time goes on he can learn more about this girl and he can make a more informed decision. I think his heart is in the right place, but I don't think that he is really thought about this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

He shouldn't sign the birth certificate. If later on they decide to stay together after the child's born and he wants to legally adopt then that's great and admirable but after knowing someone 3 months deciding to father a child for the rest of its life seems kind of rash. Being 27 doesn't mean someone is mature...my ex is proof of that.

true,  but you never know he could have all these feelings for her and she might feel the same way.hell people get married after a month of dating and last forever

KenneMaw
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

October is a long ways off, but he feels so strongly, then should probably consult an attorney.   Has he discussed this with the girl?  Does she want him to sign it?  Honestly, unless I was married to a man, he woudln't be signing a birth certificate for my child.   If he signs that birth certificate then he will ALWAYS be responsible for that child.  If the other man shows up and wants to see him or wants custody, then there willbe more legal hurdles to get through.   At 27, he should know what he wants.  Get to know the girl, see them together, join their family and pray that it is right for them to be together.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Yeah that is true...but it doesn't happen very often. I'm not saying they shouldn't make plans together...but if it is true love then waiting awhile shouldn't affect them in the least. Right?? That's what I would tell my son anyways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

true,  but you never know he could have all these feelings for her and she might feel the same way.hell people get married after a month of dating and last forever

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Quoting Aleta775:

Your dh sounds like an ass. Why are you with him? Also, I think yoir son is doing an honorable thing, but in a way I agree with your dh. I certainly wouldn't have stated things the way he did. This baby is not your son's responsibility. The mother should file for child support. I get that your son wants to help, but I think this is all happening very fast. Hopefully as time goes on he can learn more about this girl and he can make a more informed decision. I think his heart is in the right place, but I don't think that he is really thought about this.

theres probably more to the whole situation that i dont even know that made my son think this way

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Yeah that is true...but it doesn't happen very often. I'm not saying they shouldn't make plans together...but if it is true love then waiting awhile shouldn't affect them in the least. Right?? That's what I would tell my son anyways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

yeah i dont think she knows he's thinking about this yet, she seems like she has a good head on her shoulders so i doubt she'll want my son to deal with all of this so soon into the relationship.

Kokoscold
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Usually people say the mom should cut the cord in this situation your husband needs to cut the cord. They are grown men if they make mistakes it's their mistake to fix and a parents roll to be supportive emontionaly, not a horses ass. You rock for being a supportive mom!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kokoscold:

he is when it comes to our sons and dating, after our youngest got his gf pregnant 2 years ago he doesnt want our other 2 sons to get screwed for life (his words not mine)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)