Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the frick would he not marry me?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

We have been together almost 6 years. We have a 4 year old son together. He never goes out looking for other girls or with friends. He stays home with me all the time. We live as if we are married.  He has bought me new 2012 van last year, a new MacBook computer, a new iPad, among other things. He spoils me rotten. We have a good sex life, he always tries to please me, etc. He used to talk about marraige in the beginning but hasn't recently. When a friend brought it up in front of him, he said he doesn't want to get married. I was crushed. I didn't know he felt that way. He calls me by my maiden name ( I'm divorced) and just said something the other day about how he will never call me by other name because to him thats not who I am. What the heck does he care if I have my ex's last name if he won't marry me? What reasons would he have to not marry me if we are already living like we are? Is it BECAUSE we already live like we are so why would he have to marry me? I asked him if the reason is so that it would be easier to get rid of me if he found someone else? He said no and he doesn't want anyone else. Ugh. He is so frustrating. What should I do??

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM
6 moms liked this
Why buy the cow when he gets the milk for free.
Chantilly1
by Canadian Mommy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

well you can't really force him to marry you.

6.5 yrs is a long time. When you guys got together 6yrs ago did he tell you he does not want marriage? 

I read a book once called "he's just not that into you" and this topic was in the book. 

bjsgrl
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Just be patient I guess. Pushing it will only push him away. Some people just don't want to get married. He might end up changing his mind. In the meantime, don't say much about it.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
End the relationship if you want marriage and he doesn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I assume as much but wth am I supposed to do? Move out and uproot my kids lives just so he will ask me? Or just deal with the fact that he never will marry me?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

no he talked about it with me in the past, and how we would get married in myrtle beach, etc

Quoting Chantilly1:

well you can't really force him to marry you.

6.5 yrs is a long time. When you guys got together 6yrs ago did he tell you he does not want marriage? 

I read a book once called "he's just not that into you" and this topic was in the book. 

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting owl0210:

End the relationship if you want marriage and he doesn't.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Could be because he figures you've allowed things to progress this far without marriage.

Could be because family courts tend to be unfriendly toward men and he doesn't want to deal with that if you divorce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

tell him you want to get married so you & your son are covered legally if anything goes terribly wrong like a car accident

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Ask him to marry you. If you want to be married tell him and don't settle if your just going to be unhappy. It's not worth it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I assume as much but wth am I supposed to do? Move out and uproot my kids lives just so he will ask me? Or just deal with the fact that he never will marry me?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured