Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Lost With DSD

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have three kids, DS4, DD2 and DSD6. I love them all very much. My DSD is my daughter that I didn't carry. I don't think of her any differently than I do the two I did carry.
Frm the beginning, DH told me that, with BM, discipline has been either over the top or completely non existant, with them giving in to her whining, just to make it stop.
From the beginning, I have tried to nip that in the bud. We don't give in to the whining or tantrums. They haven't worked since I've been in her life- almost three years.
We have her full time. She doesn't see BM, only talks to her and her big brother once a week.
I havetried everything- from physical discipline, to being the nice guy, to positive parenting, rewards, special time with just one kid at a time... you name it, I have done it.
DSD throws toddler tantrums. Yesterday, she was suspended from school for hitting TWO PEOPLE! She also destoyed her classroom in the midst of her fit.
This isn't the first time she's been suspended, either.
She was suspended for two days before winter break for hitting the playground duty and the principal.
She fights with my son. Her toy can be laying on the floor, untouched for three days, but he picks it up and it's imedately her favorite toy and nobody can play with it and she wants it NOW.
She is in therapy. Sees her counselor once a week.
But it doesn't seem to be helping.
I need advice. I need someone to tell me that I'm doing all I can.
That this isn't my fault my failure as per parent.
I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm just so lost!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

She needs more help. Either a new therapist or more intense therapy.

CafeMom Tickers
Sandiekd21
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Thank you for yor input.
I will be checking into it.

Sandiekd21
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM

BUMP!

Sandiekd21
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)