Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moral question...updated I texted him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: Moral obligation?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

Say youre in  relationship and you get pregnant.  The 2 of you split up becuase he begins teating you dfferently and being a real jerk after finding out. Are you obligated to contact him and let him know you lost the baby? Morally I mean...would you feel obligated?

Update: After my conversation with yall I felt supported and I really want to say thank you for encouraging me. I texted him so he could call me and at first he didnt text back to confirm so I figured he just didnt care. About an hour went by and he did call,but I chickened out and didnt answer. I did call him back a few minutes later though and it was extremely akward. I told him what happened and he just sat there a munute before saying " So what youre telling me is my baby is dead." I told him he couldve said it better than that,but yes. After that he said he's at work but that he would call me back later. I told him it wasnt necessary. I wasnt trying to be mean,its just in that moment I felt 2 losses. It was like I was losing him all over again too. I still miss him sometimes,but I know he isnt whats best for me right now. Thank you all again.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chantilly1
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

so sorry you lost your baby :( 

yes, I would tell the daddy 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I wouldn't. I would let him wonder and stress since he treated me like shit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chantilly1
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

i am sorry but hanging onto ill feelings just makes you a bitter person. leave those feelings with the broken relationship. Besides, this isnt about their relationship it is about the loss of a baby and the father should know 

Quoting hp2011:

GreenAndLean
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I would to just close that door and be done for good
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I would tell him. I can't imagine thinking I was going to have a child and not knowing he/she died months before. Jerk to me or not, I would tell him about this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I wouldn't. You never know what awful thing he might say. I am sorry for your loss.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Of course. It's his child too.
If this is about you, sorry for your loss :;
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Yes, I would absolutely feel obligated. Besides, it's not like we wouldn't speak to each other, we have a child together already.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
What I meant was I wouldn't go out of my way to tell him. If he called her I would tell.
But I get what you're saying. Also what if his negativity caused the loss?

Quoting Chantilly1:

i am sorry but hanging onto ill feelings just makes you a bitter person. leave those feelings with the broken relationship. Besides, this isnt about their relationship it is about the loss of a baby and the father should know 

Quoting hp2011:

lamommy23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Just let him know so he doesn't think he has a chold out there somewhere
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)