Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Big Tata's and Bras!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am fairly large chested - currently in a 42DD/DDD (depending on how it is cut and made - althought I'm sure I should be wearing a bigger bra.

Anyways, my problem is, I like my cups to be molded with minimal padding (cuz lord knows I do NOT need the padding) Althought I am finding it harder and harder to find a bra that has minimal padding and its even harder to find bras that dont make my boobs look like cones!

So ladys, where do you buy your bras and what is the BRAND of them that you like? How much do you usually spend on bras or what do you consider a good price to pay.

I can not and do not fit in any Victoria Secrets bras. =( Maybe in my youth, when I was perfect 36C but not now! lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I wear a 34H and prefer lightly lined bras. Wacoal has a great line at about $60/bra. I've started shopping at lingerie boutiques though because my size is not way to find. my last bra was $75.

Oh! But try Lane Bryant! Get a fitting at their lingerie side (Cacique). They're bras have good variety and are reasonably priced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I think I'm gonna start going to Cacique - its Lane Bryants line of lingerie. They have cute bras that are bigger. Its hard to find cute bras that are in bigger sizes at like Wal Marts and Targets. At those places the bigger you go the more hideous the bra. I'll have to look up that place and check it out, hopefully they have one near me somewhere!

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I wear a 34H and prefer lightly lined bras. Wacoal has a great line at about $60/bra. I've started shopping at lingerie boutiques though because my size is not way to find. my last bra was $75.

CafeMom Tickers
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Try lane bryant balconette style bras. That's what I wear and I love them
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Lol! I actually added that to my post as you were typing your reply. :-p You're right in their target demographic so they should have lots of options.

Quoting MamatoKy:

I think I'm gonna start going to Cacique - its Lane Bryants line of lingerie. They have cute bras that are bigger. Its hard to find cute bras that are in bigger sizes at like Wal Marts and Targets. At those places the bigger you go the more hideous the bra. I'll have to look up that place and check it out, hopefully they have one near me somewhere!

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Right now I wear nursing bras
..bella materna-68$...bravado-$50....pea in the pod...45. I wear a 36E. Cacique would be a great option for you. They r super cute and fairly cheap....tho tjey dont carry many 38around and no smaller. So I cant wear them but I totally tried lol. Also look up figure 8 or fig leaves online

Quoting MamatoKy:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I went into the one up by me, I walked in, stood at the counter for IDK, 10 mins or so and not one person asked me if I needed help. they were all within 5 feet of me. I said excuse me at least 3 times. I walked out. lol I'm called and spoke with the manager (who happens to be a co worker of my moms, its her daughter) and told her who I was, I've met her several times, and asked if it that was normal and she said No, but she knew exactly who I was talking about lol!

I just text her and told her I was coming up there tonight haha. She said I'm here, I'll measure your boobys! lol.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Lol! I actually added that to my post as you were typing your reply. :-p You're right in their target demographic so they should have lots of options.

Quoting MamatoKy:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

CafeMom Tickers
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Perfect! I'm glad they're giving you a fitting! Good luck. Bra shopping is hell.

Quoting MamatoKy:

I went into the one up by me, I walked in, stood at the counter for IDK, 10 mins or so and not one person asked me if I needed help. they were all within 5 feet of me. I said excuse me at least 3 times. I walked out. lol I'm called and spoke with the manager (who happens to be a co worker of my moms, its her daughter) and told her who I was, I've met her several times, and asked if it that was normal and she said No, but she knew exactly who I was talking about lol!

I just text her and told her I was coming up there tonight haha. She said I'm here, I'll measure your boobys! lol.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting MamatoKy:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM

That it is. Its horrible. I find it slightly embarrasing too! =/ not sure why but I do. I never liked my tatas being touched and I guess to have some strange lady touching them is weird lol

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Perfect! I'm glad they're giving you a fitting! Good luck. Bra shopping is hell.

Quoting MamatoKy:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting MamatoKy:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

CafeMom Tickers
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Im a 36 DD and i find some nice bras at kohls..but VS is really where i find bras that I like and that fit and last me a good while 

JerzyGurl81
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Im an F cup and swear by lane bryant
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)