• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im a terrible mother...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My poor baby Is teething. I have tried everthing...nursing for comfort, wearing him, cold rag and teething toys, even orajel and tylenol when it gets really bad bue he just keeps screaming.

I couldnt do it anymore so i put him in his crib where he was totally safe and went to the livibg room for about 10 minutes and cried myself. While i heard him crying in the bedroom.
After i was calm i went and got him, he nursed and went to sleep but i feel guilty i just let him cry :((( im a bad mommy
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

you are not a bad mom, you are a good mom for knowing you were at the end of your rope and needed a break

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Actually, walking away to compose yourself makes you a good mom. 10 minutes of crying will not hurt him.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
He was screaming like he'd been abandoned. It was heart breaking

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Actually, walking away to compose yourself makes you a good mom. 10 minutes of crying will not hurt him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
:/
Thank you. I feel like i have no idea what im doing

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

you are not a bad mom, you are a good mom for knowing you were at the end of your rope and needed a break

irvinehiker
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM

You are not a bad mom!!!  Don't think that.  You did what you had to do and it was a good choice.  My upstairs neighbors let their baby cry for 45 +minutes every night when she goes to sleep.  

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Of course it was. But, had you not walked away, you only would have worked him up more.

And chances are your guilt made the crying seem way worse than it really was.

Quoting Anonymous:

He was screaming like he'd been abandoned. It was heart breaking

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

CafeMom Tickers
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Don't feel guilty! Taking a moment to calm down will only make it easier for you to help him calm down. Better than getting more worked up and taking it out on him.

bear.katten
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM
My son needs a good 5-10 minute cry sometimes. He gathers himself and then when I come back in he nurses and gies to sleep. Babies need to cry sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BlueJane
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
You are not a bad mom!! That was the best thing you could have done for your baby at that time. Instead of getting angry and possibly hurting him, you removed yourself until you were calm enough to handle the situation. You took the mature and safe course of action. Good for you.
If everyone handled themselves like you did there would be no shaken babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Have you tried the amber bracelets? And no, you're not a bad mommy at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)