Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never go grocery shopping hungry!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

I know you're never supposed to go grocery shopping hungry.  And I didn't.  But I did our grocery shopping today and between my 18 month old and the dawdling 5 year old, I was hungry by the time we were done.

Man!  The beginning of the shopping trip, it was all "how many fresh fruits can I get in the cart?  Veggies for steaming!?! At least a dozen!!"

By the end it was all, "What's that stomach?  We need donuts?  YEAH we do!"

I need to time it much better ...

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

BUMP!

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Lol nice. Df doesn't want me going grocery shopping anymore. I'm 36 weeks & always hungry!
I make specific list, and end up grabbing all kinds of random stuff due to cravings >.<
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Quoting kdloves.:

Lol nice. Df doesn't want me going grocery shopping anymore. I'm 36 weeks & always hungry!
I make specific list, and end up grabbing all kinds of random stuff due to cravings >.<

It got to the point in my last pregnancy that I was ordering our groceries online.  It was five bucks for them to shop for it and deliver it, I saved way over that much simply by not going up and down the aisles!

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Oh wow. They don't have anything like that in my city that I know of.

Quoting mommaponch:

Quoting kdloves.:

It got to the point in my last pregnancy that I was ordering our groceries online.  It was five bucks for them to shop for it and deliver it, I saved way over that much simply by not going up and down the aisles!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1CrazyCajun
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Yeah, learned that lesson years ago. My little $50 dollar bill turns into $150. LOL

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

BKozICan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM

That is when my grocery bill goes from $100 to $175. :-/

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Quoting BKozICan:

That is when my grocery bill goes from $100 to $175. :-/

I only went over my budget by $15!!

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

Yeah, learned that lesson years ago. My little $50 dollar bill turns into $150. LOL

I only went over my budget by $15!!

MamaRae85
by *you're on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Right now, I have to go grocery shopping hungry. For some reason, if I'm not hungry, I somehow convince myself that we don't need all the stuff on my list. lol

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Quoting MamaRae85:

Right now, I have to go grocery shopping hungry. For some reason, if I'm not hungry, I somehow convince myself that we don't need all the stuff on my list. lol

Yeah, I definitely can't go full or nothing looks good and I leave with some bread and a few boxes of cereal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)