Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd if

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
My husband has a friend that is a financial advisor, and his latest advice is...

Take your wife's debit/credit card, and put it in a Tupperware with water in it. Freeze it, and anytime she needs to use it she has to wait for it to thaw.

Not good advice! I'm glad my husband realizes I need my card just as much as he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
How very...1950's of him
young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM
What a jerk. Hell it would be smarter for me to do that for my husband over him doing it to me (I'm the one that makes sure all bills are paid). So what made him come up with this "great" idea?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I guess his clients main problem is their wives spending money. My husband knows the money I spend is on things we need, and lunch for me when I go out with friends. He wouldn't take my cards away.

Quoting young_lv_mom:

What a jerk. Hell it would be smarter for me to do that for my husband over him doing it to me (I'm the one that makes sure all bills are paid). So what made him come up with this "great" idea?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flywifey86
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I would be pissed! That's very old fashioned and women have every right to thier dh's money.
momoftwo0406
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Ha my husband doesn't get a card at all. He can take mine when ever but normally he just ask me to stop and get him money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM

The moron doesn't realize that you can write down the number and the expiration date and the number on the back for online shopping and most online shopping places (amazon for one) save your credit card info for easy purchasing, so freezing the card actually does nothing.  Your husband's friend is a crappy financial advisor.  I hope his clients eventually realize that and stop going to him.

NocturnesAngel
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM

SMH

Just make sure that you have a pan of warm water ready should your husband every take his advice. Men I swear...hugs

Quoting macysmom:

My husband has a friend that is a financial advisor, and his latest advice is...

Take your wife's debit/credit card, and put it in a Tupperware with water in it. Freeze it, and anytime she needs to use it she has to wait for it to thaw.

Not good advice! I'm glad my husband realizes I need my card just as much as he does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Unless he followed it up with, "then take yours and do the same thing" he is an idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I would seriously hope your dh knows that you aren't his child or someone he can control. You're a grown human being, who really has time for that mind fucking nonsense lol? I would advise his friend to stay out of your marriage.

LyTe684
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How very...1950's of him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)