Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gifts for the one planning the shower?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

A girlfriend of mine has taken over the planning of my baby shower...and I'm wondering if it's common courtesy to give her something as a token of appreciation.

Like ya know how when you get married, you give your wedding party little gifts...does anyone do something similar for those who plan/throw their baby showers?

And what kinda "token" would be appropriate, if so?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I took the person who threw my shower out to eat to say thanks. This was for my oldest and she went all out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Jackie Mama on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
No but that's very considerate of you. Maybe a gift certificate to dinner or a movie?
fraujones
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Taking her out to dinner is a nice gesture. 

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I think its a good idea, I feel bad for not getting something now :( my grandma planned my shower & it was beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autummayline
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I don't think you HAVE to, but it's very nice to do something for them. I had 4 people that threw my baby shower, so I got each one a thank you card and a dozen roses. If I would have had more money I would have gotten them a gift card to starbucks or maybe taken them out to dinner

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

My mom and her best friend (my "aunt") planed my shower. I got the each a really nice gift set from Yankee candle, so soap from bath and body works, and a Starbucks gift card. I put everything in a really nice gift basket with a card

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I give thank you gifts for everything, so I would say yes.

damionsmama7195
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM

i got her a silly thank you card with a 25.00 guft certificate in it. I definitaly think it's nice to show your appreciation for all the hard work they put into the shower.

BeaTx
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Where I'm from, everyone did hostess gifts for bridal and baby showers. It doesn't have to be big, but at least something to show appreciation. A nice candle, bath set, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I've never done since my mom and mil did it there was no need. I never gave a gift to my wedding party either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)