Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Putting up with someone you hate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

What would you do if you hated a mom at your child school. Who knows you hate her, and she most likly hates you back. But she goes out of her way to chit chat with you.

I feel like Im loosing it when she is around. We are at the school, you cant be rude. I can fake nice but I hate to do that with someone I HATE. I feel like she is trying to set me up for me to yell at her.

Their is a long back story of why I hate her. Well I saw her at parent teachers meeting, and she did her fake nice with me and her way of just pissing me off. I was upset and went to one of my friends, she is the VP of the PTA, and is in charge of the website. I didnt realize what i told her pissed her off about what she said to me. And she removed her from the website and from everything realated to my friend or the PTA. Mind you my friend dislikes her as well. 

I felt bad when I told this. But my friend had a good point. She didnt just screw over the PTA by her actions she tried to screw the kids over, and that is a huge deal to all of us. We do everything for the kids. But its currently spring break, and I just know a shit storm is going to happen when we return back to school. This girl doesnt just take things and she never believes she is in the wrong.

None of us will be rude to her at school, its a school with our kids their we cant have fights going on. So we smile at her and make nice cause that is what you do. But I dont even know why she goes out of her way to get under my skin. Im usually really good at making something up and running away from her with a task that must be down now. But serious within a 1 minute of talking to her she is able to say such rude things with a smile.

Ugh why do some women need to act like this. I have never even meet one this crazy.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LyTe684
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Say hello and keep it moving. Unless it's about the school or kids, I wouldn't chat at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM

unless you are both in junior high, grow a pair and get over it

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

PTA is one of the most horrible institutions in America! lol This is where all the mean girls from high school hang out to terrorize all the nice moms IMO.

Get out while you can. Volunteer one-on-one with your child's teacher, or help through another parent. Don't get involved with someone you hate. Trust me-PTA in-fighting is one of the worst relationships you will ever go through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Quoting happinessforyou:

PTA is one of the most horrible institutions in America! lol This is where all the mean girls from high school hang out to terrorize all the nice moms IMO.

Get out while you can. Volunteer one-on-one with your child's teacher, or help through another parent. Don't get involved with someone you hate. Trust me-PTA in-fighting is one of the worst relationships you will ever go through.

I love all the PTA, I have some of the closest friends. But she doesnt even go to the meetings or do events anymore not after what she just did (VERY LONG STORY) but she does show up at the school every now and thing. I swear she only joined cause I was already a member she and she knew it would upset. She was one of the moms that told me the PTA was a waste of time. Then why are you on it this year after our huge fight last year that involved me calling the police on you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

unless you are both in junior high, grow a pair and get over it

Its not just getting over it. I can let things go pretty well. But she just keeps pushing me and pushing and always comes off with these snarky remarks. Not many people can get under my skin. Im very laid back parent and kinda of like live and let live. But wow she just does it. And if it was just remark I could live with it. But she has tried to screw the kids over, during a arugment we had last year she put my son down which is what made me slam the phone on her and not deal with the problem we were talkinga bout. Why bring kids on this?

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Oh the drama... :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happinessforyou:

I love all the PTA, I have some of the closest friends. But she doesnt even go to the meetings or do events anymore not after what she just did (VERY LONG STORY) but she does show up at the school every now and thing. I swear she only joined cause I was already a member she and she knew it would upset. She was one of the moms that told me the PTA was a waste of time. Then why are you on it this year after our huge fight last year that involved me calling the police on you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I know its lame. I swear I sometimes dont understand why people act this way. But she is a Navy wife and next year is her last here so I dont even have to put up with her for long. And she has managed to piss off a whole PTA (our PTA moms are very laid back so to manage that WOW) so she only comes to the school when its about her kid now. But she will find me standing at a booth for a event and then start chatting with me in front of everyone parents and a adults. Great so I just play nice and hope she leaves so I have been able to call another parent over and make up a fake reason why I have to leave in such a rude rush, but thats not always easy.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Oh the drama... :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happinessforyou:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)