• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I wait for Karma... Or should I just BE the Karma??? WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Ok long story short...

An aquantance of mine, just know him through a couple people, told me and actually from what I have heard he has told alot of his friends...

that he was drunk and doing 95mph on the highway about a month ago, and clipped a car pretty bad, and he just kept going. He did say  that he looked in the mirror and the car safley pulled over to the side. He then got off the next exit and pushed his car into a ditch, because the front of his car was a mess and the tire was barely hanging on... he walked away and had a friend pick him up. He then woke up the next morning called his insurance company and told them he drove into a ditch. Its been almost a month and a half.. his car is fixed and this seems to be the end of the whole ordeal.

The kid seriously has a drinking problem, he can hold a job and everything but he is out patying every night. I shouldnt even call him a kid because he is 30...

I feel bad/guilty knowing this information. I feel bad for the people he hit.. what if there were kids in the car.. what if they werent able to safely pull over. What if they lost control and hit a tree and died!

So what would you do.... I do not wanna be a snitch/ tattle tale... but I seriouslly have a guilty conscience now:(

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
keepinupw3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

BE the karma. he sounds like a dumb ass anyway ,, what if the next car he "clips" happens to be yours or someone in your family..... you know.. 

TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe in Karma. I believe we are the Karma. Things happen because people make them happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

bump

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
He just admitted to like at least 1 felony possibly more. He drove drunk, fled the scene of an accident and committed insurance fraud. Hell yes I would report him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I don't believe in Karma.  I do believe in doing what's right.  If you believe the right thing for you to do is to tell someone and get the situation investigated/corrected, then do it.  I wouldn't know where to start, whom to call.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM

i can probably leave an anonomous tip with the PD, but im afraid im just going to feel bad/ guilty for telling.... idk im confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe in Karma.  I do believe in doing what's right.  If you believe the right thing for you to do is to tell someone and get the situation investigated/corrected, then do it.  I wouldn't know where to start, whom to call.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I would the karma. He has to learn his lesson. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM

no one else???

hmmmmmmmm........ HELP!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I feel bad for the people he hit.. what if there were kids in the car.. what if they werent able to safely pull over. What if they lost control and hit a tree and died!

These are the reasons you should tell.  It sounds like he has a serious problem as well.  Maybe this could be the first step to get him help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're going to feel bad/guilty either way, then pick which way you're going to feel less bad/guilty.

Personally, I think you need to figure out what the right thing is for you to do, then you can feel good about having done what you believe is right.  (and you won't have to feel bad/guilty anymore)

Quoting Anonymous:

i can probably leave an anonomous tip with the PD, but im afraid im just going to feel bad/ guilty for telling.... idk im confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)