Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dating a guy who has a kid he refuses to take care of

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 45 Replies
3 moms liked this
One of my good friend's has a 9 yr old DD. The father has not been in the picture for a while bc he's been in and out of jail. Since he came home from jail he started dating an acquaintance of mine who has a DD around the same age. As a mother, I think it's crazy that this girl dates a guy who has nothing to do with his own kid! I know it's none of my business but it blows my mind and I think it's messed up. Does anyone else agree?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree w you
Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I do. To me, that shows me his moral and values. I wouldn't date a man not taking care of his kids!

keepinupw3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM

totally agree... 

Brittanyk3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
i agree with you. i hope she doesnt have to find out the hard way...as in them having a child together and him not being there for him/her.
Bella_x3
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Agreed. I would not date a man that was not at least trying to be involved with his kid.

Jennyanne322
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I agree with you. I actually sAid that to DS dads ex gf. I sent her a message on FB asking her how could she date someone who doesn't pay for or see his own child. The child he helped create. She was not very happy about it, but I got my point across. This was while they were together. He is still a pos and his gf couldn't care less about him not seeing his son. She is pissed that he now has court ordered child support to pay and can't spend all his money on her.
Ms.Pink.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Plenty of girls have dated my xdh knowing he doesn't care about our kids. Two have had babies with him. Guess some women don't have standards.
Cukimonster
by Cuki on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
There are some women out there who, it seems, need a man in their life so desperately that they can look past some pretty bad stuff. That, or convince themselves that she's different, her kids are different, or that he would be different for her. They usually have to learn the hard way.....several times.
momma2b2008
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM
He would be gone the instant I found this information out!

Dead beat parents make me sick!
Nicole1357
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Yeah, I couldn't do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)