• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8mo cranky ALL THE TIME!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ok not ALL the time but seriously a good majority of it!

He wakes up between 6 and 8am. If he wakes up near 6am he is good for about 20 minutes max before he is fussing no matter what I do. If he wakes up near 8am he is good for about 45 minutes max. I can not get him back to sleep when he gets up either, I try for at least 15 minutes before getting out of bed with him (I have also tried putting him on a strict napping schedule first with 3 naps a day and then with 2 naps.. We started trying a schedule a month ago...) We co-sleep but he also sleeps in his crib sometimes so some mornings he wakes in his crib and some in my bed, it makes no difference where he is. He is also breastfed in case you think that matters and has 2 solid meals a day plus a snack time in the early morning.

After about an hour and a half I struggle to get him down for a nap because at this point he is whining and/or crying even if I'm right in his face playing with him. He will fall asleep for 5-10 minutes, wake up and refuse to go back down. We sometimes fight each other for 2+ hours. If I get him back up he is cranky 5 minutes later!!!!
Its seriously like this ALL DAY LONG!
His naps range from 1-2.5 hours (2+ hours usually happen after 2pm) but no matter how long the nap is he doesnt last more than 45 minutes once he wakes up.

He is crawling, he no longer likes anymore of his toys because he wants boxes and the heaters but I try to engage him in his toys, he loves meal time...

Again, it doesnt matter what I do! I will try and feed him a snack or BF or give him water, we got him gas drops that I have tried several times and it makes no difference, he has big toys that light up and play music and has small soft/hard toys, teethers, an exersaucer, he has it all! I try and play with cars on the floor or do baby exercises with him. He will laugh at things for a few minutes or chase after a ball but then all of a sudden he hates EVERYTHING! He doesnt scream usually, he just starts off whining nonstop and then if I dont pick him up he cries.

I just dont know if he should be THIS fussy?! 20-45 minutes after he wakes up its hell and after 1+ hour of whining/crying I just want to rip my hair out and cry because he seems so unhappy and I dont know what to do!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
He is probably teething and just bored.
atyou
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Sounds like he's ready for one nap a day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Is he teething?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Hmmm, I have a 8 month old too. He wakes up at 5 to 6 am, goes back down for a nap at 9am and 3pm, then bed at 8pm. Just our schedule...  He also eats solids at every meal with me.

Could he be teething? Have you asked your Dr?

Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My son gets very bored with stuff too. I'm always trying to think of something creative to make that I've seen off Pinterest ... like the water bottles or freezer bags with water, sand, and fun objects... or allowing him to destroy the pots and pans in my cabinets, a box with something different in it... go outside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Cut down the naps, he may be teething or he may just be bored try taking him outside and playing, go for a walk or even to the part.
Kermitthemom23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I had 2 like that. first one started getting better at about 3 1/2. Other one is 2 1/2 and hopefully we are getting close.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I cant feel anything and he has no raised temp like with the rest :-\

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Is he teething?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM
We dont have a park but we do go on walks.. I dont know how I am suppose to cut down on naps!!! He woke up at 6am this morning, took a 45 minute nap at 8am. Finally went down at 2:30 and now 20 minutes he's in there awake and crying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cut down the naps, he may be teething or he may just be bored try taking him outside and playing, go for a walk or even to the part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Ok, what else can I possibly do with him? We go for walks in the stroller once in a while but the high is still 40° max. He plays in the exersaucer, with a million different toys, we have the 3 meal times and we play in different rooms in the house.. We do row boat and peek a boo and god only knows what else! I dont know how else I'm suppose to entertain a baby that can sit and crawl.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is probably teething and just bored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)