• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Embarrassing neighbors...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
I live in a nice subdivision and the people who live here that I do know are all super nice and we all get along really well. My problem (and all my neighbors agree) is the renters who live in the very first house you see when turning into the subdivision. Their yard and porch is full of junk, an old junky car sitting by the driveway up on a jack and you can't help but notice the torn up blinds through the front windows. It basically just screams trash and I don't understand how anyone can live like that. It used to be a nice house, they moved in shortly after we bought our home almost 4 yrs ago. I understand that renters in general tend not to take as much care as homeowners but this is ridiculous. It's embarrassing, anyone who comes to visit can't help but see it and also there is a good possibility we will be putting our house on the market in a year or so when my dh finishes his masters degree and I know it can't be good for our property value. One of my neighbors suggested that we send an anonymous letter explaining our concerns in the nicest possible way and sign it from 'concerned neighbors '. I think this might just make them mad but I don't know, what do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Theres always one house.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

And if they are pigs like that your letter probably won't do any good, unfortunately.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Does your neighborhood have an HOA?
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Lol my mom was "that house" my entire childhood.

sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You would have better luck talking to the landlord than the renters!

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM
A letter won't do any good people that are ok living like that don't usually care what others think.
Carlilebrit
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

What about your HOA? They arent doing anything about it? 

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
That's what I was thinking, too. If they are unwilling to help, look up city ordinances on disabled cars, eyesores, etc. They may be able to help if they get enough complaints. I doubt very much that a letter will have any impact.

Quoting Anonymous:

You would have better luck talking to the landlord than the renters!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
We don't have an HOA here, I wish it could be that easy!

Quoting Carlilebrit:

What about your HOA? They arent doing anything about it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM

That is crap. I would tell them! I rent, my house actually looks better now than when we moved in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)