Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my house is a S***hole

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Well, it looks that way on the outside. I don't take care of the yard or porch because I don't want people to know the inside is nice.
We live in a bad area, and I'm moving soon, but in the meantime I don't want any attention brought to my house.All the other houses look like shit too, but we have easily over $7000 worth of electronics alone in this house.
Anyone else heard of this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck that. I love me some curb appeal.

RoseBlossom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM

yes its like that one snl skit where the car looks like total crap on the outside but its so that it can camoflauge how nice it in on the inside

-p-
I knew I loved you before I met you, you were already perfectly formed in my heart.
Tasha1977
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

heard of what?  a shitty looking house?  yes.  Mine is just too small!  

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

My old flame's house was like that. Shitty neighborhood, the paint was flaked on the outside, the yard looked shabby, but walk inside and it was classy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Trust me, me too. We are renting though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Haha, me too. But all the other houses are nice too.. I don't want to be the shitty looking house.

I can understand not wanting to draw attention in a bad neighborhood though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

We actually have kind of the same situation. LOL. We leave an old stand on our front porch to make it look just a little trashy so that we aren't a target. It works well too, because 5 houses on out block were broken into around Christms and we were never touched.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Lol I have a mattress on my porch! I don't give a fuck! Hahahaha no one even looks at this house.

Quoting Anonymous:

We actually have kind of the same situation. LOL. We leave an old stand on our front porch to make it look just a little trashy so that we aren't a target. It works well too, because 5 houses on out block were broken into around Christms and we were never touched.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Heard of what?

christina0607
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Isn't that the cliche about why poor people's homes are broken into more...they spend all their money on crap they think is important instead of on the really important things like, a nice home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)