Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

overwhelmed need ideas on how to help my husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
So i have two little boys ages 3 and 6 and have been mArried to my dh for 6 years together for 9. i am pregnant with a baby girl and due august 1st. im a sahm. my 6 yr old was just diagnosed with adhd,aspergers and impulse control disorder and my husband has anxiety,depression and ocd. i have my son set up for therapy,occupational therapy and am working on getting him an iep for school. as far as my husband we have tried therapy several times for him and it hasent really helped anything. id like to get him some help before new baby gets here but i dont know how to help him.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommymelissa76
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I dont have any ideas so here's a bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Try a different therapist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM

He needs to go to a different doctor.  Is he already taking medication for anxiety and depression.  maybe something he should look into.  I know it's hard for guys to admit they need help.  Just as equally hard for them to tell a doctor.  My dh is going to the doctor tomorrow and specifically requesting some anti-depressants.  He has been stressed and depressed for a long time.  It just took him forever to admit it.  Good luck mama.  I hope he goes and gets the help he needs quickly

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Yes he takes prozac faithfully

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs to go to a different doctor.  Is he already taking medication for anxiety and depression.  maybe something he should look into.  I know it's hard for guys to admit they need help.  Just as equally hard for them to tell a doctor.  My dh is going to the doctor tomorrow and specifically requesting some anti-depressants.  He has been stressed and depressed for a long time.  It just took him forever to admit it.  Good luck mama.  I hope he goes and gets the help he needs quickly

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Maybe they need to change the dosage or try a different medication.  Especially if it isn't helping.  There are so many different types of anti depressants and unfortunately some of them don't work for all.  My BIL went through 3 different antidepressants until they found one that worked for him

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes he takes prozac faithfully

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)