Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O...Do you give verbal consent to your DH?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies
1 mom liked this
Before you have sex?

In the "Is the Rape" post someone said that she and every partner she's ever had, give verbal consent every time they have sex.

Really? How many of you stop to discuss going from fooling around to intercourse with your spouse EVER? Much less EVERY TIME?

My DH and I never give verbal consent. One or the other initiates and it goes from there. Hell, I woke my DH up with his penis in my mouth? Did I rape him? I've been woke in the middle of the night being penetrated? I didn't give verbal consent, but I was more than willing to proceed.

I just don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilbit53009
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

no hardly ever unless we're texting and he's asking if he's getting some tonight...if that counts

although i've already given him verbal consent years ago that he can do what he wants to me :)

HaleyCovington
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
11 moms liked this
No, I figure taking off my pants or letting him take off my pants is good enough consent. I think some people just like to bitch or play a victim. She didnt say no and willingly had sex and then wants to know if she was raped.... Freaking idiots.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM

He asks. But I always say No. And then he pouts. Haha poor guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
5 moms liked this

Does OMG DO ME NOW! Count?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That's the way I look at it. If I tell DH no and he forces me... It's rape. If I lie there and allow it to happen, even if I'm tired or not in the mood, then I just gave consent to my husband.

Quoting lilbit53009:

no hardly ever unless we're texting and he's asking if he's getting some tonight...if that counts

although i've already given him verbal consent years ago that he can do what he wants to me :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
No we don't but we also don't wake each other up with sexual acts. When we are sleeping we are sleeping. Sex can wait til we wake up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Well at least he respects your No...

Why do you always say no?

Quoting Anonymous:

He asks. But I always say No. And then he pouts. Haha poor guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I didn't see the other post. We don't really fool around then have sex. It's usually DH just saying how do you feel about doing ___ tonight? Not very sexy, just how it happens when we are both busy a lot.
CadincesMom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't...but at the same time if someone says that they are tired or not in the mood or whatever and the other person continues to push the issuse then that is rape and it is wrong

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I'm pretty "wink wink" when it's about to go down. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)