Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure how I feel about this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

A sad story from a community near me.  A mother drown her two children (6 & 7) on Easter and then took her own life.  Reportedly her husband had packed up and moved out earlier in the week. 

I feel awful for these poor babies, but now friends and community members are rallying around the husband and having a benefit to pay for funeral cost and other expenses.  The flyer just says he "lost his wife and children over Easter weekend."  (He just moved out of the house and was leaving her)  I am ALL FOR helping out families in need.  I attend as many benefits as I can, I donate to charities, I give, give, give when the opportunities present themselves, but I find it a little unnerving that they are asking the community to help pay for the burial of a woman who KILLED HER CHILDREN.  I understand she was under stress with her husband leaving, but still no excuse in my book.   If the benefit was for the children alone I would donate and encourage everyone I know to donate but the way they are presenting this whole benefit is just wrong. 

Do you think it is right to ask the community to support a man who left his family so that he can bury his wife who murdered their 2 kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
atyou
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
She was sick, dude.

And despite her actions, her life had as much value as the next persons.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Yes. The man's children were murdered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)