Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are we actually getting along?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Everyone has someone who made life a little shitty for them once in a while. And it just so happens that I am that person for my DF sons mother. She and I have known each other since middle school, bestfriends in 8th grade. Until the guy she wanted to go to the formal with told her no and then asked me. Then she started calling me a slut and talking shit behind my back so I publicly humiliated her in front of about 100 people we knew. I don't want to tell you what I did because I feel bad now, it was super mean. 

Well I met this guy who was completely my type but we both just got out of serious relationships and were heart broken. We decided to try it again with each other. Well it only took about 2 days till she noticed he was with me. She had a complete melt down and told him what I did to her. I didn't want to say anything because I felt like he would leave me. I didn't know he was her baby daddy. 

A while later I now have a son with this man and she and I talk. Just the other day we were talking about how great it is we can get along now. How it is best to let the past be the past so our children can have a nice life. I know after everything she said about how he does more for me than he did for her. Example : When they first started dating he would ignore her phone calls because she would call all the time. For me though she came to pick up her son and he was fully dressed ready to ride his sport motorcycle an hour in 32 degree weather to get to me. 

I really hope she has grown up though and means what she says. I know our past IS messed up but if we can get along after her going as far as keeping his son from him for 7 months because she was mad, then others can too. (We had to go to court and it was bad and drama filled.) If you hate your ex's new woman or your new mans ex how hard would it be to get along for the greater good? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Jennyanne322
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
It's whats best for your child and his child. I wish al adults could actually act like adults.
I had tried to be nice to my ex and his gf, but he told me that he and his gf want nothing to do with me or our son and that DS was dead to them. So I let it be and he hasn't saw or spoken to DS in 15 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)