Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro-Lifers who think abortion should be legal for rape

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

but illegal for everything else.

How would the government regulate that? Don't you think it would just lead to women lying about being raped if you only had to say it at the clinic? Or filing false reports if you only needed a police report? With how few arrests are made and how long it takes to go to trial, it's not like regulating it by that would be an option.

So how would it work?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Many do. I'm a former CPS worker.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not think a baby would end up in the foster care system. He/she would be readily adopted.

Quoting Anonymous:

And what if the father is a manic depressive schizophrenic?  Let's say that is passed onto the child. This child is the result of rape. 

The mother wanted an abortion. But the men in government said it's not that bad. And rape is natural. The mother NEVER wanted this child, and is now being FORCED to keep this child until birth. The mother leaves the child at a hospital or fire station because she knows it will be a burden to everyone in her family and it will not be properly taken care of. 

This child ends up in the state foster program. This child goes on to be repeatedly tossed around from home to home and then given back because of mental issues. Come to find out, the child has been molested and abused in these different living situations.  The child is now a teenager and commits suicide by the time he's 14 because he was forced into this world by a violent circimstance, was never wanted and can never be normal.  He just wanted to be "free and happy and to be with the God that he heard was so loving" 

Still pro-life? You don't feel bad about that at all?

Quoting Anonymous:

Pro Life here and agaist abortion 100%. The child should not have to pay for the sins of their father.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
What?!

Quoting Anonymous:

"Every woman was brought in by a man.
The parking lot was full of men pacing, smoking
or sitting in their cars.
For every abortion, there is a man -- a father
-- presiding over the death of his child."

She recalled the TV shows of years ago, where nervous
fathers paced in hospital waiting rooms, reacting with
joy when the nurse came in to say, "It's a girl!" or
"It's a boy!"

"What a contrast to that scene," she said, "where all
these men were waiting to hear one thing: 'It's over,'
which is followed by taking a weeping woman home."

But it's NOT over.
Abortion is Forever.

waffa
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

it won't work, period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I don't approve of abortion unless carrying the pregnancy will result in death.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Chances are those were children not available for adoption as the parents were trying to regain custody.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not think a baby would end up in the foster care system. He/she would be readily adopted.

Quoting Anonymous:

And what if the father is a manic depressive schizophrenic?  Let's say that is passed onto the child. This child is the result of rape. 

The mother wanted an abortion. But the men in government said it's not that bad. And rape is natural. The mother NEVER wanted this child, and is now being FORCED to keep this child until birth. The mother leaves the child at a hospital or fire station because she knows it will be a burden to everyone in her family and it will not be properly taken care of. 

This child ends up in the state foster program. This child goes on to be repeatedly tossed around from home to home and then given back because of mental issues. Come to find out, the child has been molested and abused in these different living situations.  The child is now a teenager and commits suicide by the time he's 14 because he was forced into this world by a violent circimstance, was never wanted and can never be normal.  He just wanted to be "free and happy and to be with the God that he heard was so loving" 

Quoting Anonymous:

Pro Life here and agaist abortion 100%. The child should not have to pay for the sins of their father.

MojoRising
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM
It's bullshit. Rape is often hard to prove. It would lead to even more women being afraid to come forward because of what it would take to prove it.

Also, it's either worthy of life or not. I'm not a fan of wishy washy.

Pro choice all the way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
If the fathers aren't readily identified there is still quite a bit of red tape. Alot of adoptive parents are reluctant for that reason and in case the father decides to fight the adoption.

Quoting Anonymous:

Chances are those were children not available for adoption as the parents were trying to regain custody.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MojoRising
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this
If you're a psychologist, I'm a moon landing astronaut. If by some chance you really are, turn your license in because you can do no good to any patient with your bias.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm actually a licensed psychologist and deal with real life women.

No mountain of evidence would satisfy those whose minds are completely closed or warped from the Pro Choice propaganda they're spoon fed.

Hostile behavior and making excuses to justify the heinous act that was commited to the child growing inside, is quite common. The latter is a coping mechanism. Psych 101.

Have a nice day.

Quoting BellaByrdie:

She can't back it up with legit studies.  She probably learned that at the same place Todd Akin learned that women don't get pregnant from rape because their bodies have a way to shut that whole thing down.  

The University ofgoing crazyAND  blank staredoesn't allow for scientific studies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Which studies? The APA and credible mental health associations do not support any link between abortion and poor mental health outcomes. Wanna back up that statement from a non-horseshit pro-life link?

How rude to assume I'm in denial about my own mental health. Although it exemplifies the pro-life disregard for women and their feelings nicely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Studies show that PASS does exist. You may be in denial.

Have a nice day.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I said the rape took a huge toll on me mentally. The abortion did not. I did not and have not ever regretted it, as it allowed me a semblance of a normal teenage life afterwards.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry for what you went through.

That being said, you admitted that the abortion took a toll on you mentally. Imagine all those women who abort out of convenience. I'd like to spare them that devastation and grief. I think that makes me more empathetic than someone who knows the pain and remains silent. Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh. Who cares about the woman and her mental health, right?

I was raped as a teenager, brutally, and aborted. I don't regret it at all. My mental health was devastated afterwards and I can't imagine what carrying a pregnancy I didn't want at all would have done to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

HeatherR18
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Also, why is the life of a fetus created out of rape, worth less than the one from consentual sex?

This is the same thing I was thinking.
mommy_Frias
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
IM pro choice but ppl like my mom deserve to live she was a rape BAby and IM glad My nanna kept her even if I support pro choice .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)