• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A letter to some of the Christians here from a Pagan

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 97 Replies
23 moms liked this

Good afternoon ladies and Blessings Be Upon You,

I saw the letter from a Christian to the "non believers" here and I know my reply would be overlooked in the other 300 or so responses that are there as well as some of the side arguements.

I am not here to change your mind or proselytize, that simply isn't my way.  I say my way because each Pagan's path is very different from any other Pagan.  Most of us will never say that our path is the right one simply because it is the right one for us personally.  

With that I do want to say this.  We follow an ancient tradition, one that has been around far longer than Christianity, Islam or Judaism (the Abrahamic religions).  The world was doing quite well at this time, it didn't spin out of control and was not pure chaos without the God of Abraham.  During this time things were far from perfect, there was war, there were human sacrifices and there was blood shed.  We accepted that as part of human nature.  The dark side of our nature.  We do not claim perfection here.  Anyone who does, well I think they need to rethink some things.  We accept these things because many of us realize that light and dark simply balance each other out.  You can't have one without the other.  Just like masculine and feminine balance each other.  With that we know we live in the world, not set apart or above it.  Our deities did not give us dominion over the fish in the sea, the trees in the woods or the animals big and small.  Instead they put us here to live among them.  This religion is far from egocentric and is more ecocentric.  

So with that, I would like to say that your path may be that of the Chrisitian way or any other number of ways.  I don't care.  It isn't my path.  I have been on many paths throughout my lifetime, one being Christianity.  They didn't fit for me.  They did not give me the free feeling and the spiritual uplifting feeling that Paganism did.  This fits for me and for you to tell me that I am wrong without even knowing me or my life experiences is rude and uncalled for.  This world would be a much better place if people would learn one rule, from one of our sects called Wicca, "Do what ye will as long as ye harm none".  Live and let live.  Do not tell me that I am going to burn in hell fire for the rest of my life because I don't choose your path (you don't see me telling you that your liver will be picked out my vultures for the rest of eternity now do you?).  Instead accept that there are differences in this world and that as long as my religion is in no way harming you then it shouldn't be any of your business.

So to all the Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoist, Atheists, and all of the other Theists out there Merry meet, Merry part and Merry meet again. 

Blessed be!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM
5 moms liked this
*highfive* that post annoyed me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too.  I get that some people have a strong belief in their faith but to basically say the rest of us are wrong and will be tormented for all eternity was rude.

Quoting Crymsm:

RightSock
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM
4 moms liked this

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Exactly!  I think that this is an easy concept to follow.  I also think that telling people that if they don't choose your way that they will forever burn in hell fire is doing harm.

Quoting RightSock:

mama3p
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Very Cool!

edelweiss23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I didn't see that post!

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Thanks!

Quoting mama3p:

Very Cool!

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Well I was called stupid because I was raised to believe jesus was gods son and when I asked about it she freaked out on me...I don't even follow any religion just believe in god and others and had never heard of god being the one on the cross so I was just curious. Now I know to not bother. Lol

Quoting blues_pagan:

Me too.  I get that some people have a strong belief in their faith but to basically say the rest of us are wrong and will be tormented for all eternity was rude.

Quoting Crymsm:

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

It is still up there.  Something like a letter to non believers from a Christian.  I have replied to similar posts before and my replies are almost always ignored.  Maybe because they don't cause enough drama.

Quoting edelweiss23:

I didn't see that post!

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Jesus is the Son of God.  Even says so in the Bible.  How odd.

Quoting Crymsm:

Well I was called stupid because I was raised to believe jesus was gods son and when I asked about it she freaked out on me...I don't even follow any religion just believe in god and others and had never heard of god being the one on the cross so I was just curious. Now I know to not bother. Lol

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Crymsm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)