• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding woes

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
My next door neighbors are celebrating their wedding at the end of the month. I was originally asked to be a groomslady (lesbian wedding) but because I will be 28 weeks pregnant, she let me off of the hook.

I am still going to the wedding, though. I have no idea what to wear! What did you wear when you were pregnant and none of your old dresses fit? I want to get dressed up, obviously, but I want to be comfortable. Ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

i went out and bought a maternity dress.

uhmmmm, did you not think about that?

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Uhmmmm, there's no need for your sarcasm.

I was looking for, "I wore this, it was uncomfortable, don't wear this style of dress!" Or, "I wore *insert picture* and I was comfy all day."

Quoting AJsMom81507:

i went out and bought a maternity dress.

uhmmmm, did you not think about that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Boo... I thought this was smarter living. Oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Get a cute empire dress, I always think dresses are comfortable. Or even a dark wash maternity jean with a flowy blouse. Go to motherhood.com they have a lot of great stuff. I never really thought things were uncomfortable when I was pregnant so I guess I dont have advice for that

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Lol, my dh told me to wear jeans, too. Everyone else will be in dresses and suits. I would feel very out of place in jeans :(

And you know, my neighbors wouldn't even care if I showed up in jeans. They just want me to show up. Aaah.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Get a cute empire dress, I always think dresses are comfortable. Or even a dark wash maternity jean with a flowy blouse. Go to motherhood.com they have a lot of great stuff. I never really thought things were uncomfortable when I was pregnant so I guess I dont have advice for that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM

These days jeans can look very classy, but I am sure you would be able to find some dress pants too. Good luck! Im sure you will look great no matter what you choose.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Lol, my dh told me to wear jeans, too. Everyone else will be in dresses and suits. I would feel very out of place in jeans :(

And you know, my neighbors wouldn't even care if I showed up in jeans. They just want me to show up. Aaah.

Quoting thenameshailie:

-JC-
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I'm no help. I'll be wearing a bridesmaid dress at 28 weeks. God help me bc I'm.huge now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Jackie Mama on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I bought a cute long flowy sundress and sweater from old navy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM

for the love of god dont wear jeans to a wedding lol. get a nice materniity dress or empire waist dress. that will be comfy and flowy

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Quoting thenameshailie:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd get something that you can dress up so that you don't spend $$ on a dress you can only wear once.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)