Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you marry a dumba**??? Or do you just sometimes think you did?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 23 Replies

My boss arranged for all of us and a "date" to attend dinner and a show. Now she says she and her DH can't go because they had already promised to babysit their 2 year old grand child. I asked if her DH couldn't watch the grandson so she could go with us. They raised 2 kids themselves, I'm sure her DH could babysit for the grandson for a few hours????  Oh no!!!

Am I crazy to think that a grown man could babysit a 2 year old for a couple of hours? My DH could. What is wrong here? Is my boss's husband incompetent? Or has she convinced him that he couldn't possibly babaysit his own grand child?? Either way I'm calling Bull$hit!!

My DH did everything I did-diapers, feeding, bathing. Why would you marry someone you felt was sooo incompetant??? SMDH

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

i married a dumb ass and now I'm divorcing one.

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she just doesn't want to go out without her dh... I don't think I would
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Lol, why are you so angry? I don't get it. I'm sure she wants to be there with her grandchild.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Not angry- just flabergasted! lol

Why would you not go to a company event that YOU planned? I know she picked out the activity/dinner. But she just kind of shook her head, and said "Ah no". when I asked if her DH could babysit for a couple of hours. (I got the impression that he just couldn't manage).

Whatever- we'll have a great time with or without her :)

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Lol, why are you so angry? I don't get it. I'm sure she wants to be there with her grandchild.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM

They are in their mid-50's, been married for YEARS- I'm sure she could manage 1 dinner and a show that SHE planned and put together for our company. And after raising 2 kids himself, I'd like to think he could handle a little one by himself for a couple of hours ;)

Quoting handy0318:

Maybe she just doesn't want to go out without her dh... I don't think I would

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Me too!

Quoting Anonymous:

i married a dumb ass and now I'm divorcing one.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Some men are uncomfortable being around a child that young. some women don't like going out without their DH/SO. -shrugs- that's what I would take from it.

tifbrown
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I married a good man who does dumb things.

KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
He's very smart, doesn't always make smart choices lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM

You're right I guess. I just got the impression from her end of the discussion that she didn't feel comfortable with him watching the kid by himself. And I know they babysit every so often (they have 3 GKs). He's a smart guy, works hard, raised 2 great sons, has a couple of cool hobbies-I just never would have thought that he couldn't handle a 2 year old! :)

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Some men are uncomfortable being around a child that young. some women don't like going out without their DH/SO. -shrugs- that's what I would take from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)