• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Phone etiquette

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 0 Replies
I hate it when someone contacts me and the first thing they say or text is, "Who's this?" My typical answer is, "It's the person who lives here!" or, " This is the person who owns this phone!"

I don't like to be rude to ANYONE, but I was always taught that when you call someone, you identify *yourself* first. That can be hard though when it's a text and you don't recognize the number. It could be that I texted the wrong number and that other person is feeling all weirded out because I'm a stranger that contacted THEM.

What's the procedure in that kinda thing? How do you find out if that number you don't recognize is a friend after all without giving too much info? After all, it *might* be a stranger!

This happened to me today. Someone texted, "Who's this?" Best I can figure is that the bad weather today crossed the lines and he mistakenly intercepted a group text. I saw a friend's name from my contacts list on the message too and responded thinking it was *her*. Once he found out we weren't acquainted, he started asking questions I felt uncomfortable answering. Then he kinda seemed like he was laughing at my discomfort. He texted, "I'm not trying to date you at all. You contacted ME!"
I didn't contact him deliberately, though!

So, again, what does etiquette dictate in this situation?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)