Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Warning: Picture of Pee What's it look like?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

So, I keep my 4 year old niece while my brother and SIL work. I usually have her Mon-Thurs.....but SIL was sick Mon and Tues so I've not had her in almost a week.

We were out and about today and she went to the restroom at 9:30am. The door to the restroom is so heavy, I can barely open it so I let her in and out. I asked her if she flushed and she said no and almost went back to do it herself, but I told her that I'd get it, I needed to pee too. And sent her with DH. I looked into the toilet and the water was almost a rust color. I asked the manager of the place if the toilet had anything like a cleaner or whatever in and he said "No, but it's normal for our water to be rust color because of the pipes." I shrugged it off.

We got home at 4, and I realized she hadn't been to pee since 9:30, so I made her go to the bathroom. I asked her not to flush to let me see, but she flushed anyway. I went in after her and see this on the toilet seat: 

So I asked her if it hurts her to pee and she said it does. :( I've been making her drink water since then....but does this look like just dehydration or bladder infection?

*UPDATE* I just got off the phone with her mom. Said she had her pee at home and it was clear/yellow, but there were dark stains in front and back of underwear. We're guessing she was having diarrheal and for some reason didn't ask me for help like normal. She's going to wake her up a few times through the night to make her pee and is pushing water in case, and I'll do the same tomorrow.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorganTho
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I would say kidney infection? Idk but you should tell her parents asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM
If it hurts to pee, I'd say it's a bladder infection. Dehydration causes the urine to be dark, but that looks more bloody to me. :-(

I'd suggest an urgent care visit. ER if she's havin flank pain as well.
Jessica518
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Could be a uti I think. Does she pee slot or just a little but feels likevshe has to go? Fever? Eating okay?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Yeah. I'm going to talk to them when they come pick her up in about an hour.

Quoting MorganTho:

I would say kidney infection? Idk but you should tell her parents asap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I would say make your brother make an appointment for your niece it doesn't look like dehydration and its better being safe then sorry it might be an infection on how concentrated it looks...their parents didn't know she had trouble going?or pain peeing?!
ssassys
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM

She could have serious kidney issues.  Get her to the doctor asap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

No fever. Eating fine. I don't know how much she peed this time, but she peed a lot earlier...and when I flushed it was grainy, though I don't know how much of it was from her and how much of it was from whatever else could be in a warehouse toilet.

Quoting Jessica518:

Could be a uti I think. Does she pee slot or just a little but feels likevshe has to go? Fever? Eating okay?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I would be very concerned, especially because she's hardly peeing, that is very unusual for a little kid.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Looks like blood to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I don't think she's told them. I had to ask her. But she's 4, I don't see how they haven't noticed drops on their toilet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would say make your brother make an appointment for your niece it doesn't look like dehydration and its better being safe then sorry it might be an infection on how concentrated it looks...their parents didn't know she had trouble going?or pain peeing?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN