Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I usually mind my business but...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 24 Replies
My ds told me his friend told him, when they acted up, their mother waits until they get in a deep sleep and beat them. She also chopped his sister's hair off because she misbehaved. My son is really disturbed by this. What would you do with this info?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Talk to the school (if they go to school) see if they can tell if theres any foul play going on by the way the kid acts?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds fucken crazy. IF this is true. However, kids have such a huge imagination.

1likeme
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go into the school and speak with the school counselor. They probably already have suspicions and they are in a better position to get the children help.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM
That's a good idea, they're in the same class.

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Talk to the school (if they go to school) see if they can tell if theres any foul play going on by the way the kid acts?

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I would probably call CPS.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Yeah I know but this kid is 11.

Quoting Anonymous:

She sounds fucken crazy. IF this is true. However, kids have such a huge imagination.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I was thinking that but I didn't know if that would be a little too much.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

So for me I am going on knowing adults who went through things like that as kids and it effects them very much in their adult lives. My EX was very messed up in the head because of abuse he went through.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I was thinking that but I didn't know if that would be a little too much.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

or see if the nurse can bring them in and see if there are any markings

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

That's a good idea, they're in the same class.

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Fatal_Frost
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I'd probably not say anything...  my son has friends who make stuff up for attention, like telling him he got beat up while at the skateboard park all alone (he's 8 and doesnt go there alone, I know his mom)  So if I didnt know the family at all, I wouldnt say anything unless the boy specifically came and confided in me personally....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)