Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop eating their snacks!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 133 Replies
My kids get 2 snacks every day. One between breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner. My rule is that their first snack is a healthy one (usually fruit), so I buy a lot of bananas, oranges, grapes, avocados, tomatoes, and apples. Their second snack is the fun one. I usually let them have a cookie, fruit roll up, rice krispie treat, gushers, etc.

Well, we are not exactly well off. We qualify for fs, but don't receive benefits. We buy all groceries with our own money. This means keeping a strict shopping budget.

I noticed recently that the snacks were disappearing a lot faster than usual and the kids were running out of snacks before shopping day. Then last night I figured out why. I had left to take my oldest son to basketball practice and when I got home my husband had 2 fruit roll up wrappers, a rice krispie treat wrapper, and half a cookie sitting next to him on the couch (where he was asleep). I was in shock!! He's stealing snacks from the kids!! I confronted him about it today and he got all defensive saying "I pay for them. I can eat as much as I want". I told him that I really don't care if he has a snack, but he's eating enough in one sitting to last the kids a whole day. The kids are going without snacks for 3-4 days before I can go to the store again because he's eating all of them.

Am I the only one that would be mad about this? I know it's not a huge deal, but I'm pretty frustrated with his selfishness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him to buy his own snacks with his own money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I would punch him in the mouth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Yes I would be pissed. My sisters would come over and raid my cupboards then the kids wouldn't have anything for lunch. I don't allow them to visit daily anymore.
heathermarie23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
6 moms liked this

Just buy extra snacks for him when you go to the store.  

VinVanMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this

If you qualify get the food stamps..

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Ehh, that wouldnt stress me out. Perhaps you could try baking your own snacks to get more for your money?

BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this

In... shock?

lol.

Id find an epic hiding spot for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy enough snacks to accomodate him snacking as well. I agree that if he wants to snack on something he should be able to eat it but it was kind of asinine for him to take them and not tell you when they were out.

rosie211
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Nope, you aren't crazy. 

I buy things for the kids and different things for the hubby. They all know who gets what, so we don't have that issue. We used to though, so I understand. I know it sounds silly to some, but there is only so much money and kid snacks are kids snacks!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured