• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unexpected visitors

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
Do you invite them inside family or otherwise? I don't, I get annoyed real easily when someone just shows up at the door expecting to be allowed in. My brother use to do that mess ALL.THE.TIME. just show and say "I thought I could stay with you a couple of months." uh...you thought wrong buddy. I'm infamous for not answering. it's nothing personal. what about you ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM

If it happens very once in a GREAT while I dont mind. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I'm the same way, my bil caught us fucking on our dining room table one day. I guess he should've called first.
PEEK05
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Almost always, but I hate when people do that! I have turned them away before if we were going to be leaving soon, if we are sick, or whatever else.  It hasn't happened often though.

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM
The only one I turn away is my MIL. Otherwise, I love surprise visits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind unexpected visitors as long as they don't expect a squeaky clean house. :) We get a lot of pop ins and it doesn't really bother me too much. As far as someone staying for a month, that just isn't going to happen. LOL I may let them stay one night if they come visit and get drunk but their ass will be going home in the morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
People don't randomly show up. We live out too at for random people. Family will text before coming over and then just come in without knocking. I hate that.
jamianne
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Our friends and family know to call first unless it is an emergency.  I can't stand the thought of people just dropping by without any notice - I think it's incredibly rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I Hate it, it's absolutely irksome. you know what realllly pisses me off, when I'm out at a restaurant or something, I'm eating and someone walks up to me talking about the bible, I have NOTHING against the bible, but dammit it's best damn time to talk to me about it, and then when you're trying to get them to leave they CONTINUE to talk about while you're eating.....my dh is shakes his head and says "don't" because, frankly I'm about to go off on you, I think that is EXTREMELY rude.
Quoting PEEK05:

Almost always, but I hate when people do that! I have turned them away before if we were going to be leaving soon, if we are sick, or whatever else.  It hasn't happened often though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I hate unexpected guests. There better be an emergency. I am an extremely private person and myhome is my sanctuary. People need to call me ahead of time.
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I don't like it either.  I almost always step out the front door, closing it behind me and I'll talk on the porch.  I don't have an open door policy for people to just come by when they want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)