Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unexpected visitors

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you invite them inside family or otherwise? I don't, I get annoyed real easily when someone just shows up at the door expecting to be allowed in. My brother use to do that mess ALL.THE.TIME. just show and say "I thought I could stay with you a couple of months." uh...you thought wrong buddy. I'm infamous for not answering. it's nothing personal. what about you ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
AntzMom24
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

That's my dad. He pops in whenever he wants, hops on the computer, and doesn't leave until almost 11 pm. It's happened about 7 times in the past week and a half. I'm about to start charging him half my internet bill and some rent. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

you're nicer than me, I would just let them knock til their hearts content. should've called.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

I don't like it either.  I almost always step out the front door, closing it behind me and I'll talk on the porch.  I don't have an open door policy for people to just come by when they want to.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I don't care for it at all. I'd be embarrassed to do that to someone, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM
My bil stops by all the time, but I don't mind. I love it when my daughter and son-in-law drop by. :)

I honestly don't mind unexpected visitors.
iwilliams76
by Irene on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I hate unexpected visitors!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Depends for how long. If it's just to hang out for a few hours or go out to dinner or the movies or something then that's one thing, it's entirely different for it to be there for weeks/months unless it's an emergency.

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Sorry I was raised to be a gracious host. I'd let them in and very politely ask for how long and if I simply couldn't play host, I'd offer suggestions on hotels, etc. that were near by and offer assistance.

MOST ( I said MOST ) people will not do something so rude as expect to stay more than a day or two, unless they're desperate. 

That being said, Guest are like fish, after three days they begin to stink!!

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I don't ever just "drop in" on anyone-so please don't do it to me!

livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I will, but people know to call first. U don't like people just showing up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I typically wont answer my door because I just moved here and dont know anyone, but I have had friends drop in and stay. I dont want to let them but I do because I think that they would do it for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN