Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where the hell am I going to live? -long, vent

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 92 Replies
Low income housing will cost me $750 a month for two bedrooms. Its an apartment. I'm living with my mother as of now. I'm 20 and plan on moving out this year. She plans on moving in to a new house sometime soon. I could move in to the new house but really... I don't want to and I'm ready to move out. I've been saving up so I have enough money set aside for bills other things for a few months. Housing in my hometown is crazy expensive. We are in an oil boom town. Elderly have had to move out to a different town because of how expensive it is. Daycare will cost me between $800-1000 a month. My mom is watching my son now so I can work. I work part time. If I worked full time I'd have to get daycare. Which would be me working full time just to pay for daycare full time. There is a housing shortage here so the houses that are for sale are in (at least) $200,000 range. And I'm talking about the single wide trailors that need some work. The oil boom has made the locals move two hours away and now four hours away for affordable housing. I don't want to do that but if that's the only option I will have to do that. I'm thinking that my option now is the low income apartments. This is kind of me venting.

I was talking to someone earlier today and they said that this was expensive. Is this true or not for where you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Our housing is cheaper than that here.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this
200 thousand for a double wide trailer?! Um yes that is expensive! I'm in central Ohio & that is about what houses in my town go for but they are really nice ones- 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage.

Have you considered childcare assistance?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robbins3188
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Where i live 720 a month would get you a three bedroom 2 bath house.

seksen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you out in the Williston ND area by any chance?
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Our mortgage on our 4 bedroom house on 1 acre of land is only $550 so yes, that's crazy high to me.

rvb146
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quoting CampClan:

200 thousand for a double wide trailer?! Um yes that is expensive! I'm in central Ohio & that is about what houses in my town go for but they are really nice ones- 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage.

I haven't looked in to it yet.  That's an option, too.  In a perfect world I wouldn't put my son in daycare for another year or so but that will probably have to happen.  Another problem is getting him in to daycare.  They are pretty booked up last time I had heard.  I'm still on a waiting list from over a year ago. 

Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We pay 475 amonth for a 3 bedroom house. We live outside of Jackson, Ms.
rvb146
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Quoting seksen:

Are you out in the Williston ND area by any chance?

Nailed it. 

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
WOW! I have never heard of a wait list! How old is he? I would double check if he's under 2... they may have overlooked you! That seems a bit long to be on a wait list!

Quoting rvb146:

Quoting CampClan:

I haven't looked in to it yet.  That's an option, too.  In a perfect world I wouldn't put my son in daycare for another year or so but that will probably have to happen.  Another problem is getting him in to daycare.  They are pretty booked up last time I had heard.  I'm still on a waiting list from over a year ago. 

rvb146
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM

He is 16 months old.  I could call and ask them again.

Quoting CampClan:

WOW! I have never heard of a wait list! How old is he? I would double check if he's under 2... they may have overlooked you! That seems a bit long to be on a wait list!

Quoting rvb146:

Quoting CampClan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)