Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It really does take a village.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have really realized it does take a village to raise a child. I am currently living with my mom after my ex kicked me out and my mental state got worse. So it is my mom myself dd and my brother who "live" here. Then my brother's GF and his friends are always here. Now I am the one who cares for DD all the time. By choice, she is my child...BUT having so many different people influenceing my DD's life has just been amazing. It seems like everyone has a different thing to teach her. She has a bunch of uncles and aunts and they all love her to pieces.  I just had to share the love with all these negitive posts lately. 

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I absolutely agree!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I agree, I don't know where would be without our village.
delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM

It is wonderful. DD's sperm donor is not around so her having her "uncies" makes a big impact. It is wonderful.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I absolutely agree!

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it is great your dd has so many loving her even though I don't agree that it takes a village to raise a child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

It doesn't always no.. but sometimes it does and when you have it, it is just amazing.

Quoting anotherhalf:

I think it is great your dd has so many loving her even though I don't agree that it takes a village to raise a child.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Thank goodness for family right? My ds dad isn't around either.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

It is wonderful. DD's sperm donor is not around so her having her "uncies" makes a big impact. It is wonderful.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I absolutely agree!

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

When families are not crazy-they can be wonderful to have in our children's lives! :)

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I agree.  Its very cool to have influences of all kinds. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Great post..Im moving to a village!

ZombyMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

DH and I have no family in the area and our closest friends are an hour away. We dream of having a house full of people who can share things with DD. It's so awkward trying to make new friends with the neighbors who move in and out of the complex so frequently. 

You're so blessed! How wonderful for you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)