Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party Theme-Boys

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I'm really interested in doing something fun for my 8 year old son's birthday party. I came across this photo on pinterest and have begun talking to several tattoo parlors in the area. One said they would let me rent the place out, but there was drug paraphanalia out on the counter in public view. They assured me it was for entertainment purposes only that they sold it (gag gifts, i guess). 

I'm a little hesitant but I think the party idea is so much fun! What should I do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I wouldn't let my son attend a party at a tattoo place at 8 years old.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Especially with drug paraphanelia out, wtf!

-42-
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I think a lot of it depends on the guest list and how those parents would react. Do they have tats? Have any of them ever made their opinion of tattoos and tattooed people be known and it be negative? Do the tattoo shops have a bad rep?

Personally, with the places around here and some of the guests, a party in a tattoo parlor is not something I would do for one of my boys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM

lol, cant they put the paraphernalia in the back until after the party?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I think that's really cool depending on the place.  I mean, there are some great shops and there are some trashy shops...

FoodIsLife
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

tf? No.

Why can't you have this done at your house or something? You'd be exposing them to things they aren't ready for.

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I have an 8 year old son and I don't think its appropriate unless the childs dad really is a tattoo artist. Especially in a place that sold drug paraphanalia for "entertainment" purposes - yeah right ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM
As the parent of a seven year old son, no way in hell would I let my son go to a party at a tattoo parlor!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I'm embarassed to say, but my house has a bug problem right now. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)