Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think dh's life just turned into a lifetime movie......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't even know where to start. I really didn't think things like this happened in real life, well I mean I guess I knew they did just not to us or people we would know. So here's my best attempt at telling this story quickly with out it turning into a novel. Dh is really confused and nervous and we would appreciate any advice you might have.

One of dh's employee's (female) babysit's for their boss on occasion. She tells dh today that about a year ago, their boss told her that him and his wife have an open relationship and that he wanted to sleep with her, he promises her a promotion to be the head of her department, all sorts of crazy stuff. He even tried to seduce her one night with dinner, drinks and cigars. She declined and I guess the issue was dropped after that...not really sure of all the details after that point.

So now the position that the woman was "promised" is open and since dh is her direct boss she is asking him about. Dh tells her that he is not sure which direction they are going with the position yet, that it has just become an option and blah blah blah. Well that is when she tells dh the story about their boss. She tells dh that this made her very uncomfortable along with other things. So now dh doesn't know what to do. He should report? Or should he not? There are so many other factors that go in to this decision. And now I am MAD that this women even told dh because he is some how going to end up getting stuck in the middle of all this shit.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

The boss is pushing dh to fire this woman, if he does then who is to say that she won't tell everyone the story and that dh knew and didn't do anything about it. But if he does decide to report his boss, then everyone in the company is going to say that he just did it to get himself ahead because everyone knows he is fighting his way to the top. He could report his boss, the woman could be embarrassed and deny it and then dh is left looking like an asshole and a liar....

UGH I am so sorry if none of this makes sense..it doesn't make sense to me so trying to type it all out was hard lol if you could follow my poor excuse at story telling and made it this far, THANK YOU!!!

So any advice, opinions, questions? I'll be here all night lol thanks ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Replies (81-84):
mouthyhousewife
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM
He needs to go to his bosses boss and tell them "this is what I was told..." Let THEM deal with the situation and wash his hands of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Isn't this what HR is for?

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Your DH needs to cover his ass, pronto.  And by cover, I mean protect himself legally by reporting the issue to the appropriate parties.  If this is a large company, that might be HR.  If it's a mom & pop place, it might be the labor bureau or whatever.  Either way, he needs to put what he knows in writing before she slaps both him and the other boss with a lawsuit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

If your husband has been told by a subordinate about this, it's out of her hands.  Your husband has the knowledge and responsibility to report it to HR or he can be viewed as being part of the offense.

Quoting Anonymous:

that's what im thinking. but what if she doesn't want to ..then what does he do? 

Quoting momof6nokc:

Your husband needs to counsel her to report the incident HERSELF.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)