• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS worthy? I need advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
This might be kind of long and I do apologize...

My 10 year old's father is a real piece of work. He's married with 2 step daughters (10 and 14). His wife works and he refuses to work. He's court ordered to pay $34 a week (set in 2005 when he had a minimum wage job. He quit working in 2010 so they wouldn't raise his child support and order him to back pay his unreported wages). He is 16 months behind in child support. He and his family live with his grandmother in a 3 bedroom house. His mother also lives there. His grandmother is a hoarder and his mother is an alcoholic that was in drug court some years ago (she was busted cooking meth). In 2005, her father took me to court for custody. Of course he lost but he was granted standard visitation. We have been in and out of court because of him thinking he can get custody. The last time we went (2010), the judge told us that he would place our daughter in foster care because he is sick of seeing us in his court room. This terrified me so I won't file for any type of motion.

Here is my main issues:

Every other weekend (coming home from her dad's) for the past 7 months she comes home with head lice. I have to treat my home, my husband, myself, and our 3 other children. I bring it up to her father and he just tells me to deal with it. It's gotten to the point where she is begging me to cut her hair off because she is tired of it.

Ever since she was 7 years old, she has told me how much she hates going to her dad's. She gets hand me down and salvation army stuff for her birthday and Christmas. Her step sisters get brand new bicycles and clothing. On several occasions, they have went and got take out and fed her canned chili with hot dogs. Last summer, they went to Vegas for 3 weeks during her 6 week summer vacation visitation with him. She tells me he doesn't play with her, talks bad about me to her, calls her a fat ass and shark (her teeth are messed up because she was born with a cleft lip and palate).

She comes home from the weekend smelling bad. He doesn't let her bathe. I bought her some bras because she has budding breasts, he makes her throw them away. She's not allowed to wear any underwear other than white "grannie panties".

I don't know what to do. I feel like I can't save her. I've refused visitation in the past then I get charged with failure to comply with a court order. It gets dropped once I plead my case to the judge but he still allows her father to have his visitation.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Go to the dr get support..take in right after she leaves dads house..take pictures document everything call a lawyer. They can't put your daughter in foster care unless you or your home is unfit. I am a foster parent I would know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

YEs, he is mistreating her, definitly worth CPS! You fight for your baby!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
That's awful , I would move away .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I'd get call CPS on him that way he can be reviewed if the courts won't listen to you. Have you documented that has happened when she goes to his house?
mommieof38829
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I would call. Hoarding is nasty
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this
You need to talk to a custody lawyer. The judge cannot put your daughter in foster care because he's sick of seeing you. That's stupid. It's been a few years since you were there anyway.

Would he consider signing his rights over so your new husband can adopt since he doesn't seem interested in loving her or supporting her financially? Is he consistent with the visitation schedule that is in place now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ayshren
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Oh man thats rrough! First off, Im sorry youre having to deal with this. I would start by asking a lawyer what your options are..(if you cant afford one, most will atleast give you a free consultation.) If that didnt get me anywhere Id try the CPS route. I hope things get better for you guys!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Agree

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

You need to talk to a custody lawyer. The judge cannot put your daughter in foster care because he's sick of seeing you. That's stupid. It's been a few years since you were there anyway.

Would he consider signing his rights over so your new husband can adopt since he doesn't seem interested in loving her or supporting her financially? Is he consistent with the visitation schedule that is in place now?

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM
The judge said that he would put her in foster care because he kept trying to get custody? Did I read that right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

YEs, he is mistreating her, definitly worth CPS! You fight for your baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)