Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad mom?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
So I just wanted everyone opinion because I have really been struggling with it. My husband and I have a four year old and we live in a 2 bedroom apt. I am also 18 weeks pregnant. We are struggling bad financially. We were planning on paying some of our bills down with our taxes but those got taken for some past issues. (Too much to explain). So now we are stuck with living pay check to pay check which we have been for a while but still having everything we need. We both work full-time. But now we don't have the extra money to lower our bills like we thought to get a 3 bedroom house/apt. So with a lot of thinking and weighing our options we have decided to move into a camper for 3 months behind my parents house. We will be hooked up to cable, electrical, and water. And in that 3 months of no bills we will be able to pay off almost all of our debt. We plan to move out in exactly 3 months into a 3 bedroom so my children can have their own room. It will be 2 months before the baby is due and a month before my 4 yr old starts school. I feel terrible about doing this like its bad or wrong. But I know it will be better in the long run. I'm just worried about my 4 yr old living in a camper, then moving into a house, then starting school, then having a new sibling. But if we stay in our tiny apt it will affect him for the worst too... and our financial situation will just continue to get worst if we don't get some stuff paid off.. is this bad of me to do? Or a good idea? Please no hard core bashing, I'd like your opinion but not too harsh, I'm emotional and hormonal as it is. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I would stay in the 2 bedroom apt. No reason why 4 year old and new baby can't share. But it's your life, do what you want.

Blessedlife79
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Can you move into your parents house for the 3 months?

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Fix your financial situation. It's not for very long at all, then you can all get settled and be happy!

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I have actually thought about that myself. Especailly those 2 bedroom ones. I say go for it.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM
So he can be woke up at all hours of the night on school nights? And have no personal space?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I would stay in the 2 bedroom apt. No reason why 4 year old and new baby can't share. But it's your life, do what you want.

bear.katten
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I'd move and be ready for a cranky 4 year old...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I would stay in the apartment.  My kids shared a room until they were 2 and 4.  BTW I have a boy and a girl.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

If it's going to help you get back on your feet, then I would move for the 3 months. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Yeah we could, into their basement. But we figure the personal space would be helpful. Its really more like a trailer than a camper.. its pretty big.

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Can you move into your parents house for the 3 months?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

So then put baby in with you in a bassinet? And none of you will hve ZERO personal space in a camper!

Quoting Anonymous:

So he can be woke up at all hours of the night on school nights? And have no personal space?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)