Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

couples counseling

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My boyfriends wife passed away from cancer last year. We are taking things really slow and just going one day at a time. He told me today that he's looking for a therapist for himself to help him deal with everything that happened the last several years. I am 100% accepting of this and have been encouraging him to seek grief counseling.
But he said after he gets in a better place he would like to us attend counseling together and work on moving forward. I guess I dont really see the point... I told him if thats something he wants to do then we will talk about it when the time comes.
How would you feel about this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Bump
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM

He must feel as if you guys could use some help. Maybe with communication or just dealing with issues. I think it is great that he has asked for it and if it is important to him, you should go and take it seriously. They can be very helpful for any relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I don't know. He was pretty vague and just said he thought it would be good if we went together for awhile. I had to go to work, so we didn't have a lot of time tk talk about it.

Quoting thenameshailie:

He must feel as if you guys could use some help. Maybe with communication or just dealing with issues. I think it is great that he has asked for it and if it is important to him, you should go and take it seriously. They can be very helpful for any relationship.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Whatever his reason, go. It means that he wants to share something with you or that he wants to work on your relationship, both are good things. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know. He was pretty vague and just said he thought it would be good if we went together for awhile. I had to go to work, so we didn't have a lot of time tk talk about it.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Bump
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM

If it will make him happy, why not?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
If its something he really wants us to do, I will. Guess I just dont understand why we would need it though. Shrug.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

If it will make him happy, why not?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)